Reading both manuals - roof load on 21 exclusive SW.

trehans

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
2021 Exclusive SW - Looking to confirm the load rating for the roof - I entered my VIN into the MG website to download the manual..
Says I have a load rating of 75kg but some information here in this forum says 35kg or 75kg... And the manual in my car says decorative purposes only.
Any solid answers?
Looking to add temporary racks and a storage box for camping trips only.
Tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks🙏

When the range first came out MG had not gone through the process for certifying the roofbars for load so at the time they were classed as decorative only. Later they got the certification and released an update to the manual to say what actual load different models could carry.

2021 Exclusive SW - Looking to confirm the load rating for the roof - I entered my VIN into the MG website to download the manual..
Says I have a load rating of 75kg but some information here in this forum says 35kg or 75kg... And the manual in my car says decorative purposes only.
Any solid answers?
Looking to add temporary racks and a storage box for camping trips only.
Tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks🙏
There was a single page issued by MG for owners to add to the hand book with the correct roof load. Unfortunately I have an Excite so never got the extra page but think it was 35kg. The face-lift is 75kg.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a single page issued by MG for owners to add to the hand book with the correct roof load. Unfortunately I have an Excite so never got the extra page but think it was 35kg. The face-lift is 75kg.
The pre-facelift LR Excusive is 75kg also.

The pre-facelift LR Excusive is 75kg also.
Sorry I'm new to the MG5 and this forum which is proving useful!
How can I tell if my car is pre facelift or not?
Am I correct is thinking LR means the long range version with the 61kw battery instead of the 50kw?
My car is the September 2021 exclusive 50kw battery I believe.
Also badged as SW (whatever that means?)

Appreciate your responses.

PFL and FL:

MG5EV_PFL.jpg

MG5EV_FL.jpg

Crawl underneath by the passenger door and look at the plate on the battery pack. It will have the KWHr as part of the number.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom