Realistic range for mg ev5 long-range

but as you will read it very much depends as well as your driving style, like the weather/ aircon and a host of factors.

but as you will read it very much depends as well as your driving style, like the weather/ aircon and a host of factors.
That's a good site , only found that late last night .

Am I reading your link correctly ?
On a car with a stated range of 250 miles, it is suggesting that you can achieve a "real" 320 miles in mild city driving ?

Has anyone achieved this ?

I had a chance to test the range in bit of a warmer climate for past 6 weeks (we are in Spain). The temperatures are between 8’-18’C and we are averaging around 3.8miles/kwh (this is based on around 1000 miles and 60/40 split motorway to urban driving). We normally drive in eco and kers 1 on motorway, try to keep it just under 70 mph (but occasionally go as high as 80 mph when overtaking etc) and eco/normal and kers 2 in the city, demister is mostly on, or heating when needed. I attached the screenshot – I reset it when we arrived in Spain in January (It’s in metric since we are on the continent). I think all in all, motorway/city driving in milder weather (UK spring and Summer) 4m/kwh is achievable which should give you a range of around 230miles+.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Based on my experience of owning the car since the end of November, and with conservative driving style (i.e. not flooring it), I'd say min. 180 (motorway driving in winter) max. 240+ (urban driving in summer - though that's a guess as I haven't had that experience, yet).

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on my experience of owning the car since the end of November, and with conservative driving style (i.e. not flooring it), I'd say min. 180 (motorway driving in winter) max. 240+ (urban driving in summer - though that's a guess as I haven't had that experience, yet).
Similar here. Never had less than 185 even with shortish drives in the dark on motorway with heating, lights etc. First mile or two gives about 2.7m/kwh till the cabin warms up then it settles down at around 3.2m/kwh. In the summer though, I've been getting 4 to 4.3m/kwh and typically get 245

I had a GOM of 260 miles on Sunday after my 1st full charge since I got my MG5.

Ended up with a real 207 miles due to appalling weather & high motorway speeds.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom