Rear 2number plate option

Graham Barton

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’ve found a online UK number plate supplier who will supply this size plate which enables you to remove the black plastic bar under the rear number plate and replace it with this size. I think it looks tidy!
1F7F9CE7-87AB-4FE3-B465-BB175B761C15.jpeg
ABA4D5AD-D73B-450A-9599-74EC1BDA72A7.png

Attachments

• 6EF519C8-DD21-45C1-9A72-0E554215FBF1.png
    6EF519C8-DD21-45C1-9A72-0E554215FBF1.png
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 338
I’ve found a online UK number plate supplier who will supply this size plate which enables you to remove the black plastic bar under the rear number plate and replace it with this size. I think it looks tidy!View attachment 1909View attachment 1912
I think I have seen this idea before somewhere ?????.
Arhhhh ....... Hang on, this is where I have seen it !.

1614712283446.png

I’ve found a online UK number plate supplier who will supply this size plate which enables you to remove the black plastic bar under the rear number plate and replace it with this size. I think it looks tidy!View attachment 1909View attachment 1912
This is what I was thinking of, but how would it look with the green flash? Also are the screws in a different place?

This is what I was thinking of, but how would it look with the green flash? Also are the screws in a different place?
I think the chances of picking up the original fixing points are almost impossible to achieve.
I would favour a GOOD quality double sided tape, it would much better than having fixings through the plate face anyway.
I am a little "Unsold" on the bigger back ground myself.
The letters and numbers have to comply with the law and therefore the balance of all that yellow surround can look a little out of proportion with the black numbers ????.
Hey ............. What do I know !.
If it rocks your boat, then go for it !.
What about going for the "Gel" numbers ?.
I have them on my car and I am always being asked :-
"Where did you get your number plates from mate ?".

I think the chances of picking up the original fixing points are almost impossible to achieve.
I would favour a GOOD quality double sided tape, it would much better than having fixings through the plate face anyway.
I am a little "Unsold" on the bigger back ground myself.
The letters and numbers have to comply with the law and therefore the balance of all that yellow surround can look a little out of proportion with the black numbers ????.
Hey ............. What do I know !.
If it rocks your boat, then go for it !.
What about going for the "Gel" numbers ?.
I have them on my car and I am always being asked :-
"Where did you get your number plates from mate ?".
My dealer in Essex when I asked/about the spare holes they told me that they fit a larger plate on the rear and easily use the existing holes (or you could stick the plate on)
Not a problem for me now as I have cancelled the order and therefore removed any issues :)

I’m not a fan of the flash at the best of times. I especially don’t think it looks right on those oversized rear plates though.

I’m not a fan of the flash at the best of times. I especially don’t think it looks right on those oversized rear plates though.
But that shape and size looks good on the MG5?

Over hangs a little, but not
touching the MG5

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-05 at 12.02.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-05 at 12.02.11.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 343
Just a bit different to the normal "Run Of The Mill" type long oblong plate !.
Yeah ........... Looks nice to be fair.
It would look tidy in the new raised "Domed" gel letters on the plates, not cheap though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom