Rear Interior Light

biffo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
It's a bit dark in the rear of the MG5 - has anyone found a workable solution to rear interior lights? Ideally that doesn't involve cutting a hole in the headlining - I was thinking maybe a wire run from front interior light and something attached near the rear grab handles? Or on the C Pillar where the trim join is?

Depends how often you would need it, but there are stick on battery operated ones.

D79A8E38-8BD0-4711-AB78-D60BB4603BC9.jpeg
Thought it would be cool to add a subtle LED strip to one of the positions circled red - particularly the C Pillar area - wired behind roof liner to the front light unit - so they operated when doors opened, etc.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's a bit dark in the rear of the MG5 - has anyone found a workable solution to rear interior lights? Ideally that doesn't involve cutting a hole in the headlining - I was thinking maybe a wire run from front interior light and something attached near the rear grab handles? Or on the C Pillar where the trim join is?
Up until you mentioned it I had not noticed the car didnt have a rear interior light.The back of the car is too dark for me too so I found a low profile led light on Amazon which solved the problem for me.

Attachments

• 20211020_154119.jpg
    20211020_154119.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 20211020_154018.jpg
    20211020_154018.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 363
Up until you mentioned it I had not noticed the car didnt have a rear interior light.The back of the car is too dark for me too so I found a low profile led light on Amazon which solved the problem for me.
That’s an excellent idea. Which one did you buy? I can only see this but not certain it’s the same as your one

That’s an excellent idea. Which one did you buy? I can only see this but not certain it’s the same as your one
Your link doesn't seem to work for me so I just took a picture off Amazon. It just has a on-off switch which I was hoping to convert to a 2 way and enable someone to switch it on in the back. Unfortunately it is a miniature Chinese switch that I can't find on the internet (not in the English language anyway). But I'm just happy to have light to make sure my son's child seat is done up right.

They both seem good if you don't want to hard wire a light. They prices are reasonable too.
I had some LED strips to wire - went on holiday and can’t remember where I put them!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Plug some of these into the USB ports

7 Pieces USB Monochrome LED Car Interior Atmosphere Lights, Plug-in 5V Lights Mini Interior Ambient Lighting Kit for Cars, Laptops, USB Sockets, Night Lights and Extra USB Plugs Decoration, 7 Colors Amazon product ASIN B084KYHLF8
I looked at those before - might work okay, would like some with a switch if possible. Need to search more I guess.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom