Rear parking sensors

JCT

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, is it possible to switch off the rear parking sensors, as I want to fit a tow bar for a bike rack?

Hi, is it possible to switch off the rear parking sensors, as I want to fit a tow bar for a bike rack?
I have not seen this setting the FL MG5 LR. I did have a quick look through the manual and could not see any reference to this.

On my other car (not an MG) the sensors are disabled automatically as soon as a plug is put into the towing socket but this only works if you have the more expensive vehicle specific wiring loom for the socket which interfaces with the car's electrics. This option is available for FL MG5 but costs an extra £140!

Any updates on this? I have just got the tow bar installed but I have not got the bike rack yet to try it with
Thanks

Any updates on this? I have just got the tow bar installed but I have not got the bike rack yet to try it with
Thanks
Where did you get your tow bar fitted and can I ask how much it was, as I was quoted just over £900?

Just got the Brink detachable one, with cables 13 pin etc. Fitted at my place for £695

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom