Rear seat with a red line stating that the seat belts are not being used even when nobody is sitting in them- is this normal?

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
when you get into the car and put the front drivers seat belt on, is it normal for the display to show the rear seat with a red line stating that the seat belts are not being used even when nobody is seating in them, the front passangers seat showing no red line when no one is sitting the the front. The red seat belt icon on the display stays on for about 20 seconds before going off. Is this normal?

Thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew. If you are not using the rear seat belts on a regular basis I find it better to plug them in, you will find the car boots up faster.

I don’t have any issues at all with mine either when being used or not, but the seat belt warning light does stay on for an excessive amount of time, perhaps 20 secs before going out.

when you get into the car and put the front drivers seat belt on, is it normal for the display to show the rear seat with a red line stating that the seat belts are not being used even when nobody is seating in them, the front passangers seat showing no red line when no one is sitting the the front. The red seat belt icon on the display stays on for about 20 seconds before going off. Is this normal?

Thanks
Andrew
I have the same problem - no load on the seats but it always shows rear seat belts not attached. I presumed it was a common fault but it appears you and I may be in the minority ! I now do as MikeM suggested, just to stop the alert and another unnecessary bong !

Hi The only seat to have an occupancy sensor is the front passenger seat.
It is normal for the light to be on, its china's way of saying the seats are empty. The switch is in the rear seat belt buckles so the light goes out when the seat belts are buckled up.
Not the norm but it is how it intended too be.

Usually happens on my Prius if I have opened either of the rear doors.

Thanks
Andrew
yes it is

We hardly ever use our rear seats so, I have now plugged all or rear seatbelts in ...more or less permanently.

I’ll be trying to keep my rear belts plugged in as this has been bugging me too. I have child seats on the rear seats and they’ve actually been ok, but the rear centre seat appears to be red on the display all the time so I’ll be plugging it in.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom