Rear seats

I believe they are exactly the same I'm afraid. Even the new EU model (which if facelifted further than the new UK one) is still the same.

Its a bit of a minus point, given the car is an estate.

I believe they are exactly the same I'm afraid. Even the new EU model (which if facelifted further than the new UK one) is still the same.

Its a bit of a minus point, given the car is an estate.
Yes, a bit disappointed. I drive an old xsara picasso, and all three (individual!) seats can easily be lifted right out leaving a perfectly flat floor. Pity MG can’t do that if the present folding seats can’t be changed.

you can remove the seat base to allow the seats to fold flat.
there is still a step in the height from the boot to the back seats tho.

IIRC, the last Ford I had, the rear seat bases were on a hinge and folded forward and up and the backs folded down flat .

Stick your head under the back of the car and look how much space is under there. The load-floor could have been 6-9inches lower. And why is there a boot-lip. (can't find a crying emoji!!).

Stick your head under the back of the car and look how much space is under there. The load-floor could have been 6-9inches lower. And why is there a boot-lip. (can't find a crying emoji!!).
The boot lip is helpful in stopping the dead bodies from rolling out when you open the boot😱😁

The boot lip is helpful in stopping the dead bodies from rolling out when you open the boot😱😁
ray liotta GIF

The rear seat pad is held in place with two clips at the front (about 1/4 the way in from both sides) and a central 'hook' at the back. The seat pops up (out) with a sharp tug on each side, then pull up and forward to remove. It goes back just as easily (don't forget to feed the seat belt sockets through).

When this is done the seat backs fold flat although they are still raised about 3 inches from the boot floor.
The result looks horrible (painted metal bodywork) until you get the seat backs down but if you need the load space it's worth doing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom