Rear View Mirror Cover Removal(for replacement with dash cam)

shimshon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all. I want to replace the plastic rear view mirror cover with one that has a built in dash cam and plugs in to the rain sensor. I was able to release the cover with plastic upholstery tools but I can't see how to remove the mirror in order to completely remove and replace it. Any experience?

I've only ever had to remove a mirror in my BMW.
Might be similar......

Twist the arm connected to the window to the right.

Concerted equal pressure.

Don't push or pull.

Very easy to crack your windscreen.

As with earlier response I reattached (3 series BMW) son's rear mirror. Having removed the cowling the mirror rotates (left or right) on it's axis/central pin. NB I held the pin (with padded wrench!) whilst (firmly) rotating the mirror off/on. Is MG the same?

As with earlier response I reattached (3 series BMW) son's rear mirror. Having removed the cowling the mirror rotates (left or right) on it's axis/central pin. NB I held the pin (with padded wrench!) whilst (firmly) rotating the mirror off/on. Is MG the same?
I think that the mirror has a ball/socket base with screw to release tension and remove. In the meantime the supplier from ali express said that they don't have a housing that will fit my car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom