jonesy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
new to this group hi, and picked up a 2021 PHEV last Saturday
strange issue
rear washer wiper has no fluid coming out of the nozzle, worked once since collecting the car,
noticed the water was spraying nearly over the roof 😀, but then no water at all
so after reading the forum and checking a few mentioned items
front washer ok and spray as expected
rear washer no fluid can’t here the pump running
checked nozzle seems clear
no water under the car at the rear and front
its strange that when I twist the switch I would expect some noise none, is there another fuse that drives the rear washer pump

On the right side of the car in the engine you will see the brake servo look to the left side and follow the the brake pipe to the bulkhead. Ask some one to run the washer for the back window and you will see water coming out of a hole and will see a pipe hanging down where it has come off and will see water on the floor. It’s not the easiest pipe to get too and will need something very long to get it back on. In the end my dealer repaired this for me by stripping out the brake servo.
If this is not the point you need to look at the boot tailgate as pipe can come off in there.

isn’t it the same pump which goes in reverse for the washer to rear window. Check your washer water level. Had the issue a few weeks ago, topped up and all was well.

Hi all. Ok, this is a known fault with the hs, I am booked in for the third time this pipe has come off, as soon as the weather gets freezing the pipe blows off, I don’t know what the fix is but just putting the pipe on doesn’t work, I am booked in for 12 feb for this to be done. I will let you know their response. They told me they glued and used a clip last time…. Dealers eh !

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom