Rear Wiper Comes on in Reverse?!

Laurence Brown

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
How to stop the rear wiper going as soon as I select reverse to move out of my drive? No water - so I guess it will eventually just scratch the rear screen badly?
Stoopid idea.

How to stop the rear wiper going as soon as I select reverse to move out of my drive? No water - so I guess it will eventually just scratch the rear screen badly?
Stoopid idea.
Your rear wiper automatically comes on, when you select reverse, if you manually wipe the front windscreen but if you don't want it to, ensure the rear wiper setting is on "0" on the stalk, then select reverse but don't wipe the front windscreen (if that makes any sense?)! :unsure::p

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bloggsy

Are your wipers set to auto. If wipers are 'on' they will set the rear one off when selecting reverse.

And curiously, when you are in reverse you can't manually operate the rear wiper.

Your rear wiper automatically comes on, when you select reverse, if you manually wipe the front windscreen but if you don't want it to, ensure the rear wiper setting is on "0" on the stalk, then select reverse but don't wipe the front windscreen (if that makes any sense?)! :unsure::p

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bloggsy
Thank you for this. makes sense now!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom