Recommend a charging lead

Silver estate

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I nearly got caught out this morning because I don‘t have a charging lead yet , so had to
suffer a motor ways services @64p kWh
Dont need it for home just to keep in the car just encase , also cheaper the better as it won’t be used much
I have Amazon and eBay accounts

I have the 10 metre version of this for charging at home.

Amazon - B07P786L2F

Sorry link didn't work but feed in the item id.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it's my browser, links to shops do not show but the item id is b07p786l2f I think the lower case is important.

MAX GREEN EV/Electric Vehicle Car & Plug-in Hybrid Charging Cable Type 2 to Type 2, | 32Amp | Max Output Power 7.2KW | Single Phase | 5 Meters |​

I nearly got caught out this morning because I don‘t have a charging lead yet , so had to
suffer a motor ways services @64p kWh
Dont need it for home just to keep in the car just encase , also cheaper the better as it won’t be used much
I have Amazon and eBay accounts
Any Type 2 lead that's 32amp, length to suit you, will do. Just google it find the cheapest you can.

That charge cost me £10 😢😢😧
Got a lead coming from Amazon today
33275609-A332-4EAA-9EC6-D81FA15D1D5A.jpeg

I'm not much of a user of public chargers, but I'm not sure motorway services are more expensive than elsewhere - it seems to depend more on the provider than the location.

Also you probably got a rapid charge there, whereas your new cable will be much much slower. Your £10 of rapid at 64p was roughly 15kWh (I guess maybe 20 minutes or so) whereas a Type 2 cable will at best take somewhere around 2 hours for the same.

So it might be worth considering just sucking up the additional cost for the few occasions you might need it rather than forking out £100 up front.

The 64p is probably still works out somewhere around what an ICE car would cost you per mile after all.

All my figures are very rough so I'm happy for them to be corrected if I'm far out...

I got one from eBay for £74.99 free P&P and it does the job great. 5m and comes in padded bag. No different from dearer ones or the one the dealer tried to sell me for at least twice the price.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom