• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Recommendations for home chargers

The Zappi seems to let you plug the car end of the cable into a socket, though, whereas it looks as if the Hypervolt just leaves the lead dangling - it's hard to see from the pictures
No, the HV comes with a socket. Personally I prefer not to use the socket as I want to let air circulate to help remove any moisture that might have got into the plug.

Zappi is good. But do your maths before Octopus do night time 12.30 to 4.30 at 12p Kw, they hike up day tariff from 35p to 45p. So of you don‘t have solar and battery and only need to charge your EV to full once every two weeks, work it out against your home usage.. OVO have rolled out 10p kw any time for EV charging keeping the same tariff for home use, unfortunately only compatible with 2 chargers they supply. They will be rolling out other compatible chargers, when ?
The OVO rate is just for your EV usage and is given back as a credit. Go is for the whole house so you can put your washing machine and dishwasher on timers. I don't recommend using a tumble dryer over night.

Another thought - do any of these have lights on them when charging? Or even when not charging?

Our neighbourhood is very dark at night, and I don't want to disturb anyone.

Octopus also supply and fit Zappi II chargers and there is a company that does a cover for it. I chose Zappi as I’m looking to install Solar and batteries, cos I work from home during the day now so electricity and heating costs are high.
Zappi just future proofs that choice. Never had a problem with it but it’s app/web interface doesn’t really set the default settings for the charger itself, but it does have a decent scheduler and has never failed me. It has locks for preventing scumbags from tampering and the cover blocks the smallish LED (red/green). If it’s set properly, the only physical interaction you need do is release the lockout via password, then plug in. App has a good integrated display showing you all your sources and uses and Myenergi supply other devices for control of heating etc. it’s an all-in-one solution.

Another thought - do any of these have lights on them when charging? Or even when not charging?

Our neighbourhood is very dark at night, and I don't want to disturb anyone.
The Hypervolt has lights showing what state it's in; they can be dimmed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom