• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Red Light on particulate filter

Interesting reading this forum today. My MG XS is 2020 first registered in the Oct, so not 3years yet. My Red particulate filter light came on this morning followed by the engine malfunction light amber. 50 yds from home.
Very poor response from Stoneacre who I have a service plan etc with. Been told not to drive it but they can’t look at it until 20th September. Looking at a £99 investigation fee plus work unless it is covered by warranty but the chap I spoke to was less than helpful or informative
I found Wynnes diesel particulate filter to be good in the past , worked for me ,. Also driving the car like you stole it now and again helps burn off deposits .
On another note , this is an EV forum so there would be no members with particulate filter problems . Maybe look for advice in MG ICE forums for more helpful advice?

Hi all, suddenly out of nowhere we are getting a red light warning which indicates a particulate filter fault. Our car is an MG zs in petrol 2019. We're a little confused as this problem usually occurs if you do lots of small short journeys which we don't really. Can someone tell me if this is something I can fix myself?
I have the same problem did anyone give you any information

Can anyone help please

Isn’t this an EV forum site?

Yes it is, as previously noted.

But @Tierson profile says he/she has an MG ZS EV? But since that vehicle clearly will NOT have a diesel particulate filter perhaps the posts should be hidden (Mods?)

Whilst I was writing this I see @Tierson has posted again to say his/her vehicle is a petrol SUV!!! In which case this is definitely the wrong forum!

This discussion sits in the General Chat area because it is non-EV related. Someone may have relevant knowledge but mgevs isn't going to be the best place to seek such information.

Can anyone help please
You can try taking it on a 30 minute run down the motorway at 70mph, but not in top gear, to get the engine and particulate filter hot and hopefully burn off the soot particles. If that doesn't work it will have to be replaced.

Can anyone help please
I mentioned possible solutions in post # 41 and also @Ian Key in post #48 . Possibly also check the condition of your 12Volt battery , I've experiienced a faulty battery causing all sorts of spurious " faults " . As I posted before you can search for possible solutions in any make of ICE car forums and have more results than a dedicated EV forum :)

Hi all, suddenly out of nowhere we are getting a red light warning which indicates a particulate filter fault. Our car is an MG zs in petrol 2019. We're a little confused as this problem usually occurs if you do lots of small short journeys which we don't really. Can someone tell me if this is something I can fix myself?
Mine is doing the same. It is the same year and petrol. My garage is putting in an additive and will bomb home!!! Let me know if that worked for you?

all the above is so true of my MG ..ongoing issues for 2 and half years from new ..Particulate filter always showing red never amber, engine management light comes on in amber, headlights blowing both at the same time and the engine manifold cracked last year and a full rebuild done. Never paid always under warranty but due to my job i've hit 90K miles all the above has happened again with 12months and been told no warranty left due to mileage (NEVER EXPLAINED AT ALL) so lost 5.5 years warranty and now my MG dealer wants £3K to repair it ..this includes £1000 to investigate why there is a radio disconnect error...MG is a mess of a company and i cant even get the car working long enough to sell it.. FG Barnes Maidstone is the worst franchise i've come across for cars and service.
My car is in MG Portsmouth bean in there for 8 weeks because I got hit on side . Was due to get car back today and the red light came on never happened before. So there something thing was these car . Hasn’t be driven had no wheel

My car is in MG Portsmouth bean in there for 8 weeks because I got hit on side . Was due to get car back today and the red light came on never happened before. So there something thing was these car . Hasn’t be driven had no wheel
Your Particulate Filter Light is coming on ? On an EV ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom