Remote control air condition appreciation thread

Maciej

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Not much to say but after being electric and not needing to pay and queue for petrol my 2nd favourite feature of a car is the remote controls.

Today after work it was insane how hot it was I looked at the app and it was 45 degrees indoors temp after running air con twice during last 20 min of my shift I got in to nice and cool car with temp of 21 degrees best thing ever even if it cost tiny bit of range.

Does anyone know if you can change the remote air con temperature setting? Used it twice now and when I get in the car, it has set itself to 22degrees. Obviously in the current heatwave, that’s still cooler than outside but I’d like to be able to set it colder If possible??

Does anyone know if you can change the remote air con temperature setting? Used it twice now and when I get in the car, it has set itself to 22degrees. Obviously in the current heatwave, that’s still cooler than outside but I’d like to be able to set it colder If possible??
Start air conditioning with the app then click HVAC in a top right corner and change the setting there it will remember last setting it can go as low as 16 but I find between 18 to 20 to be boost comfortable and actually achievable

I would have to run the app several times to get down to 16

You can set the temperature from the iSMART App.

Turn on AC from the App.

C58429ED-7C35-4C66-BC7F-0ADDF68FA04F.jpeg

Press the HVAC button to adjust the temperature

F9AACB80-A054-451D-91D5-F366AB8A0BFD.png

Hi i cant get my app to switch on AC.it keeps saying your operation is too frequent.It has worked before.any ideas.

Can I ask what is the difference between A/C and the A/C Blowing feature is?
Yeah i think i have the same question

Here the 4 buttons are labelled

Central locking - A/C - Climate control on - Demist windscreen (My translations from Danish into English)

I have no idea what the difference is between the 2 middle ones, i am guessing that is the same question you have.

I’ve just tried mine, A/C gives you the option to set the required temperature, air on definitely works
A/C blowing does not have temperature setting, so I’m guessing it’s just the fan

It’s not so critical right now, any idea on how to remotely turn the seat heaters on?

I’ve just tried mine, A/C gives you the option to set the required temperature, air on definitely works
A/C blowing does not have temperature setting, so I’m guessing it’s just the fan

It’s not so critical right now, any idea on how to remotely turn the seat heaters on?

You can't.

Would be great if you could set up a time for the air conditioning to come on. May be an additional feature in future updates to the app?

It's working noticibly better than it was back in January. So someone is definitely working on it.
But to be honest, the January app was very bad, and anyone that needs 4 months to fix an obviously broken app, does not seem to be putting a lot of effort into it.

It's the same with the OTA updates, they promised (Well, if we are being pedantic, they said it SUPPORTED it, not that there would be any updates, ever).

Car is now 6+ months old in the wild, and not a single update for the infotainment has been released OTA, and the map updates for the satnav was only released about a month ago.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom