Remove rear MG Electric badge

dhoogland

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I recently upgraded the front MG4 emblem with a sleek black version, and it looks fantastic. However, I've started to find the "MG Electric" badge on the trunk slightly irritating. Has anyone discovered a safe method to remove it?

Moreover, I'm interested in finding a replacement for it, specifically just the text "MG4" in black. I recall seeing a photo of this badge posted on the forum, but I'm struggling to locate it now. Does anyone know where these are available for purchase?

I removed my electric and mg4 badge. I just have now the MG emblem.

I've used a hair-dryer and dental floss in the past.
Get the "sticky" remains off with Autoglym Tar remover. (Or a bit of petrol if easier)
Lots of videos on YouTube with many variations on the theme.

I removed mine and sprayed the MG4 black. Much cleaner and fits in the with the car better overall IMHO

I used a hair dryer to gently warm the area, then a thin fishing line to work off the badge by drawing the line through behind the badge. Firstly I masked the area with low tack tape just to get the positioning of the original badge when I re-applied.

PXL_20230913_142426344.jpg

I removed mine and sprayed the MG4 black. Much cleaner and fits in the with the car better overall IMHO

I used a hair dryer to gently warm the area, then a thin fishing line to work off the badge by drawing the line through behind the badge. Firstly I masked the area with low tack tape just to get the positioning of the original badge when I re-applied.

View attachment 20932
This looks awesome and is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 20932
Excellent job! Looks great. 🙂👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom