Replacing Door

Montandon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I need to replace the driver's side rear door on a ZS EV Exclusive (2020). I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand one from eBay or some such. Thinking of the electrics - would the door need to be from a car with exact same spec ( ie an electric Exclusive) or could it come from any ZS ? Thanks in advance guys.

No experience with MGs but in other vehicles i would just buy any door for that model and swap over the wiring loom/window motor/locking motor etc to the new door

The only risk in that would be if you got a door from a lower model or non EV and it had different construction ie was missing some fixing holes that mount some of the hardware in the door

I went to MG and ordered some small parts for mine and was surprised how cheap some oft he bits were so may be worth asking the dealer for a price just to be sure its not quicker and easier to get a new one sprayed up

No experience with MGs but in other vehicles i would just buy any door for that model and swap over the wiring loom/window motor/locking motor etc to the new door

The only risk in that would be if you got a door from a lower model or non EV and it had different construction ie was missing some fixing holes that mount some of the hardware in the door

I went to MG and ordered some small parts for mine and was surprised how cheap some oft he bits were so may be worth asking the dealer for a price just to be sure its not quicker and easier to get a new one sprayed up
Thank you. That was very helpful. I think I might just pay the extra £200 and get a new one from MG dealer. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Question :- Can you find a replacement door on-line, in the correct external colour from a car breaker ?????.
If so, this will save a LOT of money !!.
What colour is your car OBTW ?.
You could ask the spares department at your local MG dealer, to compare the part numbers between a door for the EV model and then from a ICE model.
The part numbers match, then you can be 100% certain it with be the same fit.
I imagine the wait time from MG spares will be fairly lengthy one.

You are in luck !.
There is one listed in colour on Ebay.
It is from ICE model so check them visually for a match before buying !.
A dealer will compare door part numbers for you.
If you can get one in correct colour, you are likely to save a lot of money.
Disconnect the 12 volt battery before starting.
Then remove your door card and remove the door wiring loom.
Unbolt the old door and then refit the new door assembly.
Re-route the wiring loom from your car, switch over the external handle and replace in internal door card with your original one.
Ask them to send you a picture of the colour code and match it to yours car first.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello, I need to replace my MG ZS EV passenger front side door. Does any one know how much from MG direct please. Thank you

Thank you all for the reply, I have now spoken to dealer and I'm looking at about £2000 with new door, sprayed amd fitted. Unfortunately, I have not be lucky enough to find a replacement door in the correct colour.

You may find it cheaper to have another bodyshop spray and fit as you can at least compete that part of the job.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom