Reset password on iSmart app

Can you unbind your phone and then re-bind it with a new password?

Tap the screen at the centre top where on the screen shot below it says MG4 EV> and then UNBIND in red by the car icon.

1685433843931.png

Last edited:
I believe there's a bug in the iSMART application when registering with a mobile phone number.

When resetting your password, you need to use exactly the same number, with any leading zeros and country code.

If you get a chance, register with an email address instead. However, make sure to use all lower case as I believe it treas the email field as case sensitive too.

Any specific reason why you need to change your account password? (That's all it is - an iSMART account. The binding of the car via the app is not related to the physical device used when first binding, so I'm not sure why you'd need to unbind the car).

Any specific reason why you need to change your account password? (That's all it is - an iSMART account. The binding of the car via the app is not related to the physical device used when first binding, so I'm not sure why you'd need to unbind the car).
It is one that has been compromised so there's a risk someone else could get access.

I had to do this, butdidn't need to unbind.

Log out, then login again. When logging in, there is a field to ask for a new password, then I received an email with confimation number, then reset password. No need to unbind unless you would like to create a new account with a differnet email acct.

Got logged out randomly today. No idea what password is so need to reset. Request verification code for forgotten password and nothing…(using mobile number method) wait all day in case of server issue…still nothing on request.

Anyone else or just me?

Next steps if I cannot reset?

how do you get the app log in to remember password as 2 phones are used to connect & we have to type out the entire passwd for access.

how do you get the app log in to remember password as 2 phones are used to connect & we have to type out the entire passwd for access.
You can't. I've made a note of my password in the Google Keep app so I can copy and paste it into the iSmart app when needed. I guess Apple phones have a similar app.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back