Reverse Camera Bug

DanBoro

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve noticed if you go into reverse on the ZS EV before the infotainment system boots up fully, you get greeted by a full screen reverse camera, I know this is a bug but having the camera on full screen just makes the quality look so much better and clearer, would be good to see this “bug” be a permanent feature.

Has anyone noticed this ?

Sorry for the dirty camera lens/sun glare on the image 😳

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm…. Are you selecting reverse BEFORE you get the READY light and bong ?.
I ask because my info unit boots fairly quickly on “Boot Up” unless it has decided to carry out a master boot, that reviles the MG logo first.
On the Gen1 model, if you rush the “.Boot Up” process and select either drive or reverse before you get the “Ready” bong, then the car does not like it, I can refuse to drive when the “Go” pedal is pressed.

Upvote 0
Not attempted this on the face lift model ZS EV.
But I know the Gen1 model does not like rushing the start up process.
Others on the forum have also found if they rush the start up process, they can find themselves with no propulsion when they hit the “Go” pedal.

Upvote 0
I’ve noticed if you go into reverse on the ZS EV before the infotainment system boots up fully, you get greeted by a full screen reverse camera, I know this is a bug but having the camera on full screen just makes the quality look so much better and clearer, would be good to see this “bug” be a permanent feature.

Has anyone noticed this ?

Sorry for the dirty camera lens/sun glare on the image 😳

You are right it does look way better larger.

Upvote 0
Is it just me or is the reversing camera on the Gen 2 a lot less clear than the one on the Gen 1 or am I just imagining things?.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom