Reversing camera screen grey / blank

Tartanpheonix

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We have just bought a 2021 ZS EV, and we have noticed that the reversing camera screen does not show an image, only a grey screen.

The sensors work but no image from the camera.

Any suggestions on what to check before I take it back to the dealership (as they are a good distance from our house)

I gather there is some way to set 360 camera so there must be some software control. However, I have never used it myself!

We have just bought a 2021 ZS EV, and we have noticed that the reversing camera screen does not show an image, only a grey screen.

The sensors work but no image from the camera.

Any suggestions on what to check before I take it back to the dealership (as they are a good distance from our house)
ZS EV ( Gen1 ) model “Excite or Exclusive” model ( does it have the full electric sky roof, if so, it’s an Exclusive model ).
Single reverse camera only and sensors on the Exclusive model, but not the 360 degre cameras like on the ( Gen 2 ) models.

Try a reset, press and hold the central knob until the MG logo comes on (if it doesn't then it's broken)
IIRC there's also a factory reset option in the menus.

ZS EV ( Gen1 ) model “Excite or Exclusive” model ( does it have the full electric sky roof, if so, it’s an Exclusive model ).
Single reverse camera only and sensors on the Exclusive model, but not the 360 degre cameras like on the ( Gen 2 ) models.
ZS EV Exclusive.

I didn't mention 360... It has the reversing camera but when reversing the whole screen is just grey.

Any thoughts on fuse, wiring, software related?

I didn't mention 360... It has the reversing camera but when reversing the whole screen is just grey.
Sorry @Tartanpheonix - I was responding to Tim Green post “I gather there is some way to set 360 camera so there must be some software control. However, I have never used it myself!”.
As you have a Gen 1 model it has no 360 degree camera facility.
As the screen 📺 is displaying fine for other items, then you would have to think it’s a problem with camera itself ?.
I have taken a quick look through the fuse box in the manual and can not see any direct reference to a individual fuse for the rear camera.
It looks like the dealer will need to diagnose the problem then.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom