Risk-taker buying MG4 to market where no dealer

Blur

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Found this and thought about starting a story:
Found Standard MG4 51kWh advertised in Germany for 22888€. Dealer showroom car and now looking to buy it. Just returning 2022 Nissan Leaf 40 which we had for 12mo and the debt dealership is paying out is tremendous 28500€.

However MG don't have dealer here in Finland yet I'm pretty sure there will be one when supply is enough and larger markets don't eat all vehicles.
Same company is on Finnish market Who takes care of Sweden so possibly with ferry trip there or driving over the border from up north could get it serviced.

Is there anything really common / essential to check before driving to territory with no service? Saw a problems with charging ports been there.

Maxus is represented here however I don't think they Can take care of the MG.

Hopefully an MG dealership will open up in Finland soon for you, but if you’re still willing to risk buying one in Sweden and then taking it home, these are the most common issues to be aware of: http://www.siteguru.co.uk/MG4/MG4_Issues.xlsx
Also, make sure you have the latest software updates installed for your model.

Worth checking if SAIC in Finland might help you if you have issues.

Hopefully an MG dealership will open up in Finland soon for you, but if you’re still willing to risk buying one in Sweden and then taking it home, these are the most common issues to be aware of: http://www.siteguru.co.uk/MG4/MG4_Issues.xlsx
Also, make sure you have the latest software updates installed for your model.
Great, thanks for the list.
Cars in Sweden are very expensive compared to these German offerings at around 23k€ and I'm trying to get the info if we could proceed.

Worth checking if SAIC in Finland might help you if you have issues.
Actually now I figured there's a guy I know working for Maxus dealership, I'll give him a call if he could dig a bit with the importer. I think they are very strict and once I emailed Maxus importer about bringing MG to Finnish market and their answer was very short "we have.nothing to do with them."

Ok the first seller of 23k€ (20k£) never responded. Now I have my eye on 2 units, one 28k€ (25,1k£) which on the info seems odd, and one 30k€ (26,9k£).
Both demontration vehicles, white 64kWh Luxury models (German Luxury seems to be about the same as UK Trophy).
Let's see what happens.

Yesterday there was in news about MG coming to Finland this year!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back