Roadside Assistance

Hi Bigfishsmallworld.
The number is 0800 072 3338
Not sure if that covers Europe.
Archie

You should have been given a card by your dealer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422-221633_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220422-221633_Gallery.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 96
I was talking to my local dealer about these cars today.
The breakdown cover is through the AA and costs for recovery and breakdown are covered by MGUK for the length of the warranty as long as the car stays serviced and sold through the Main dealer network. I never thought to ask about European cover 😥

We checked before we went to France recently and they confirmed it doesn’t.

Bought separate AA Europe cover and so glad we did as first charger we plugged into bricked the car (HV battery error see other post). Little messy sorting out between two covers but AA Europe insurance covered us to get to Paris on Eurostar, but we used up full £1500 cover so hire car and extra train journeys had to be out of pocket (£500).

MG assist were clueless messed around for a couple of hours before giving up, guy spoke to RAC van who checked and said they had same issue a week earlier with a ZSEV like mine and had to get fixed by dealer as software. Now bought full RAC (homestart/relay) cover as they seemed a lot more familiar with EV problems and what to do.

MG assist only seems to cover one relay to the nearest garage and you have to be 1/4 mile from home. Wouldn’t deliver to my local dealer as too far, also has to be open so can hand keys over. AA took it to our home address (150 miles, via 3 separate tows which took 4 days) and would have been extra to get to our dealer from home if we hadn’t had Europe cover through AA, but they sorted it with MG assist as same office. Was a little worried as insurance had expired by then but fine, otherwise would have been around £120 the chap said.

AA also wouldn’t put on our drive for insurance reasons which was a surprise, so car ended up being on street for 2 weeks until dealer slot could be arranged.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom