Rolec changer not working

Subra

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’m having issues changing my car with my home charger Rolec. When I plugged in never charge. Sometimes will charge after couple of attempts. Seems get worse when weather gets cold doesn’t charge at all. If I’m charging outside seems working perfectly. Anyone can help me with this issue

Two places to go I think:
1. The installer if you think it's a fault with the unit
2. ev.energy who provide the app that controls charging if you think it's a case of the charger simply not charging due to an error with scheduling and so.

I don't know how old your charger is, so both my suggestions assume it's relatively new. I have a Rolec too which is just over a year old.

Is the Rolec unit fairly new ( smart ) or the older type dumb unit ?.
Has it or does it, trip the RCBO breaker in the wall box ?.
The reason I ask, is because the Rolec units have a history of RCBO breaker unit failures.
Ask me how I know !.

I’m having issues changing my car with my home charger Rolec. When I plugged in never charge. Sometimes will charge after couple of attempts. Seems get worse when weather gets cold doesn’t charge at all. If I’m charging outside seems working perfectly. Anyone can help me with this issue
Also if you use powerline adapters to relay the internet around your property, turn them off. They affect the MG charging.

My Rolec charger will charge perfectly with smart charging but only if I connect it to my car after 18:00

If I connect before this time then sometimes it doesn’t charge as I think there is an issue with waking up the car. (I have an MG5)

If I connect it before 18:00 and it fails to charge I have to reset the charger unit before going back to routine smart charging by connecting after 18:00

My Rolec charger will charge perfectly with smart charging but only if I connect it to my car after 18:00

If I connect before this time then sometimes it doesn’t charge as I think there is an issue with waking up the car. (I have an MG5)

If I connect it before 18:00 and it fails to charge I have to reset the charger unit before going back to routine smart charging by connecting after 18:00
Yes if you leave it to long it goes to sleep and won’t wake up.

Is the Rolec unit fairly new ( smart ) or the older type dumb unit ?.
Has it or does it, trip the RCBO breaker in the wall box ?.
The reason I ask, is because the Rolec units have a history of RCBO breaker unit failures.
Ask me how I know !.
My Rolec charger one year old and I never on smart because I got flat rate. I got breaker install next to main switchboard indoor, just reset see how's work tonight.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom