Rolec Qubev Smart

Mozlenko

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All

I bought a ZS a couple of weeks back and it arrived literally two days before we went on holiday.

I had a Rolec Qubev Smart home charger installed while I was away by an approved electrician.

Everything is installed and the app is connected to the unit, but when I try and charge, it keeps pausing the charge. The electrician is saying everything he has done is fine, but he suggested I check with an MG forum to see if there are any quirks to the MG which may make the charging pause?

If not I may have to return to the unit, which will be expensive.

Does your ZS charge ok when connected to other type2 EVSE units and have you checked it on a rapid charger?
You could also try the granny EVSE unit but it does sound like the Rolec is faulty.
Is your electrician a EVSE qualified installer?

Does your ZS charge ok when connected to other type2 EVSE units and have you checked it on a rapid charger?
You could also try the granny EVSE unit but it does sound like the Rolec is faulty.
Is your electrician a EVSE qualified installer?
It charges on the Rapid charger. I've not tried it on the slower EVSE type 2 yet. He was EVSE qualified but he is at a loss as to why the Rolec keeps pausing.

It seems to pause when the Current CP State moves from 6v_pwm to 9v_pwm. I ordered the Rolec from one of their approved dealers.

Hi All

I bought a ZS a couple of weeks back and it arrived literally two days before we went on holiday.

I had a Rolec Qubev Smart home charger installed while I was away by an approved electrician.

Everything is installed and the app is connected to the unit, but when I try and charge, it keeps pausing the charge. The electrician is saying everything he has done is fine, but he suggested I check with an MG forum to see if there are any quirks to the MG which may make the charging pause?

If not I may have to return to the unit, which will be expensive.
Check the charge times on the car screen and also the app. Also as its a Rolec check the charge times in the ev.energy app that comes with the charger. You must ensure they all agree.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom