Rolec Wall Box Front Cover Attachments Post Broken.

Lovemyev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just spotted this item and though it maybe useful for anybody who has a problem regarding the above issue.
I do remember a member having a problem and was looking for a budget repair for his unit.
Sorry, but I searched for the post but I am unable to locate it.
I have recently rebuilt my Rolec unit with a quality Garo RCBO and replaced the entire case assembles on my five year old dumb Rolec 7.0kw 32 Amp wall box.
Really lucky to pick up an almost new, but basic Rolec 13 Amp unit for £50 and then decided to upscaled it to a 7.0 kw 32 Amp unit.
Roughly 75% of the ABS plastic attachment posts in my original wall box, had either snapped or had broken away from the front or rear cover of the wall box.
Also I replaced the tethered Type 2 cable at the same time, because it had be gathered some tight twists in the outer protection of cable over the 5 years of use.
The short run of the 6mm T&E supply cable back to the OLEV metering device, was also replaced due to excess heat sustained due to a failed RCBO in the previous five years of life.
The ability to secure the front cover of the case correctly, could be a massive issue for somebody who has their box mounted outside.
Because the IP rating has been compromised due to the faulty attachment points.
My unit was located inside of my integral garage, so not that big of a problem, but it really needed sorting !.
It is pretty much a new unit now and the total cost of the refurb was less than £200 and worth it for myself personally.
There was no labour fee involved because I felt comfortable carrying out the work myself.
The kit is affordable at just £12 for somebody who feels they have the ability to "Safely" isolate their wall box and conduct the repair.
It contains a number of images that clearly shows how the kit can be used to carry out a repair.
It may help somebody who has limited funds and would like to carry out a repair on their own OEM casings.
Yeah - We know the quality of these units are not the best, but let's not judge folks that are on a tight budget.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom