Roof bars for the excite

DaveEV5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting roof bars for the excite (which doesn’t have the rails)? I called Halfords but they weren’t able to advise and they gave me the Thule number which I haven’t managed to get through to yet!

Any tips/advice would be amazing. Being able to put bikes on the roof is one of the deal breakers for me but the exclusive just pushes me a bit out my budget!

It's not much help I know but I have never seen a roof load rating for the MG5, only a rating for the roof rails. That's why I doubt any of the car model searches would work at either Halfords or Thule web sites. Because of insurance being made void in the event of an accident I would try to stretch to the exclusive model. That's roof rail loadings of 35kg for the standard and 75kg for the long range model.

I'm pretty sure you could get universal ones to fit. The kind that clamp above the door.

I'm pretty sure you could get universal ones to fit. The kind that clamp above the door.
That's the type I would recommend too. I honestly don't think that there would be any problem with weight. Every other car I have had has always had a maximum roof load written in the owners handbook and I find it strange that MG haven't put it in theirs, especially for the Excite which doesn't have roof rails.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom