Roof bars, what roof bars?

NigelTalbott

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, just a question about the roof bars.

We took delivery of our white MG5 last week and didn't notice that it has no good bars, not that we ever intended using them.

Ours was one of the last Excite LR and wondered if anyone else had been surprised when theirs arrived without the much discussed roof bars.

I only noticed when, having read the owners manual, cover to cover, got to the bit about the roof bars then looked outside to check and there were not any!!

Love to hear from anyone as to why they have been omitted.

Nigel

Presume you mean that you had rails but no bars? Bars are not provided even on Exclusive. My Octavia bars fit perfectly and I think most universal bars would be ok.

The rails only come with the exclusive, the exite can take a roof load of 75kg but you have to either use an inflatable roof rack or try and fit a clampy one.

Presume you mean that you had rails but no bars? Bars are not provided even on Exclusive. My Octavia bars fit perfectly and I think most universal bars would be ok.
There are no rails, the roof is bare.

It is not problem, just wondered if they were ever standard equipment on the Excite.

Attachments

• 20221102_120443.jpg
    20221102_120443.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20221102_120422.jpg
    20221102_120422.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 97
The rails only come with the exclusive, the exite can take a roof load of 75kg but you have to either use an inflatable roof rack or try and fit a clampy one.
I confess to have driven an Exclusive demonstrator, which did have roof rails.

Love the car either way.

Cheers

Hi
The excite sr or lr does not have roof rails but the exclusive sr and lr do have roof rails
Mine is the exclusive lr
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
0931D64A-FD6C-40E9-9D5E-638DD88255E5.jpeg

E12BDE29-2667-4E12-AED6-D245891C38B2.jpeg

Mystery resolved. Either way the car looks good.
I even prefer the nose styling to the new facelift version. Which may seem a little contentious but I guess styling is a personal thing.
Thanks for your help.
Nigel

Hi
Yes I prefer the styling of the pre face lift MG5 to the new one it’s more retro
Yes same car different wheels plus I’ve added fog lights to the front as well
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
1C39AD74-F925-48AC-B9B9-B22A362155DD.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom