Roof rails for Excite?

Even if it were possible, would it be worth the effort bearing in mind the load limitation imposed on the Exclusive?
There could be insurance implications too.

I have used Summit roof bars on my Excite. While a little fiddly to set up they do the job.

Attachments

• roof bars.jpg
    roof bars.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 395
That's interesting.
Is the positioning critical in terms of load carrying?

Hi Dave, just wondering which ones you got as there are many types of Summit roof bars, none of which are supposedly compatible with MG5?
I got the Summit 104 from Amazon. When I last looked they were no longer on the Amazon site but could be got from other vendors.

Hi Dave - are you sure it's a SUM-104? I ask because from the photos that I can find, it looks more like a summit 107.

(The links above point to a vendor that I found on a quick search. No recommendation is implied.)

There may well be plenty of Exclusive owners who would be keen on retro fitting the long range model roof rails.

If that is indeed the case there will be no issue with re-certifying the original ones to 75kg.

Thanks, I looked for 107 type (following another post) and phoned summit who said no longer made. Now will get some 104 type which do seem to be available

Thanks, I looked for 107 type (following another post) and phoned summit who said no longer made. Now will get some 104 type which do seem to be available
Hello, did you buy the Summit 104 in the end and if so did they work OK? I am looking at putting a bike rack on the roof of my Excite.

Hello, did you buy the Summit 104 in the end and if so did they work OK? I am looking at putting a bike rack on the roof of my Excite.
hi yes found some second hand 104 type and they do fit. Not perfect fit on feet to roof, but feet do sit on the thicker edge section and feels solid when tighetened up. Haven't driven anywhere yet

Thanks for this. Bought some from go outdoors. They have an additional discount this weekend so got them for £42. Not the best looking but only for the odd use.

Don't buy from go outdoors online. 2 days later and order has been cancelled by them due to stock issues.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom