Rust issues?

Mgkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I can’t find how to upload YouTube videos but there is a new ZS EV post where the owner films the rust that is starting to develop under his eight months old car. Search - MG ZS EV now at 8 months old checking for under frame corrosion

If you copy the address of the video you can click the button on here that looks like a chain link then paste the address into the Link box and write whatever you want in the text box. If it's helpful I can post some pictures.

Copy the link from youtube (if using a PC right click and copy)
copy.png

Choose the "Chain Link" looking Icon on the post area
Link.png

Paste the link like this (Right click the empty space and click paste) the "whatever goes here" is where you would usually type in the name of the video
post.png

You can also do the same from a mobile, just slightly different way of getting the address from youtube app

Viewing the vid again it looks like there’s no seam sealer over the joints to prevent moisture collecting in between the two pieces of sheet metal.
When it stops raining I’ll be outside checking mine.

Hi, ok now that the rain has cleared I was able to look underneath my car and check the rust situation. The situation is slightly skewed because I sprayed clear waxoyl underneath in the spring so giving a light brown colour over the white paintwork.
I could not find any rust anywhere but I did note that compared to the video above the original brushed-on factory protectIon looks to have been applied prior to painting rather than the black stuff applied over the white paint finish as per the video. The other form of protection appears to be a sprayed-on rubberised substance.
It’s odd that two ZSs have had rust issues and both are white.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom