Rust or tarnishing of hubs on MG4 XPower

GatwickGaz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hi all, this is my first post having only recently joined the forum so hopefully no faux pas from me.
I have had my MG4 XPower less than 2 weeks when these photos were taken.
Has anyone else experienced the same tarnishing on the hubs? It is not the discs, these are fine.
I am just wondering whether I should be going back to the dealer? Cheers in advance, Gary
IMG_0449.JPEG
IMG_0451.JPEG

Not sure the dealer will be interested to be honest.
It's just a really thin protective coat from the factory.
I don't think it's meant to last a long time.
Mines also rusting in places and I am going to give it a quick coat of Hammerite the next time I take the wheels off.
20231231_110952.jpg

Cheap brake disks used to be coated in oil which you wiped off with brake clean before install and the bits not in contact with pad would rust. I found the better quality disks would have this coating on - eventually it “rusts” off.

Do not worry only thing I would say is exercise the brakes a bit to keep the contact surfaces clean. Thats heavy braking without regen (easiest way to do that is will a full battery on my SR - imagine you big boys are the same).

PS that part is the disk, they are hat shaped in one piece.

Wouldn't worry about it at all, when it's forecast I half decent day (Hopefully) paint them Gloss Black, I use Halfords Gloss Black engine paint on mine, goes on great nice and thick. 🙂👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom