S.O.S.

Geo68

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Driving home tonight in our 5 day old car, wife says,, whats that red button on the roof for. Don't know says I, give it a press, a few seconds later a voice came over the speakers, what service do you require, police, ambulance or fire. Twas the S.O.S. button. Fortunately the operator seen the funny side of the wife explaining what happend 😂😂😂

Best not to press that too much🤔.
Don't be surprised if it shows an error now and again if you get a bad signal it drops out.

Personally, whilst quite funny, I find it absolutely disgusting that it isn't mandatory for the dealer to explain this to a purchaser.

At the very least there should be a removable sticker attached to the panel stating what the button will do.

Appreciate that won't help the second hand market though.

I've sat with people who answer the initial 999 call and the amount of time they waste of hoax/false calls (such as this one) is just wrong. Not helped of course by all these new cars with inviting red buttons to press and dealers who don't do proper hand overs 🙂

Best not to press that too much🤔.
Don't be surprised if it shows an error now and again if you get a bad signal it drops out.
This happened to me the other day, I had the error show up three times in a 10 mile drive. It has not happened before then, or since, but it was a little disconcerting at the time.

I'd say the owner has a responsibility to read the instructions that come with the car. It's all in the handbook after all.
Its a lot to take in, I'm from a time when there was no synchro boxes, servo brakes, power steering and no radios. All this new tech and dodgy Android Auto takes a while to sink in. 😬

Driving home tonight in our 5 day old car, wife says,, whats that red button on the roof for. Don't know says I, give it a press, a few seconds later a voice came over the speakers, what service do you require, police, ambulance or fire. Twas the S.O.S. button. Fortunately the operator seen the funny side of the wife explaining what happend 😂😂😂
If you crash it makes an emergency call & if you don't reply emergency services are sent to your location! Perfect if you run into a ditch & nobody notices you.

It's the standard advice the give the leaders of the super powers....don't push the red button 🤪

I pressed some buttons in my car last week. the wife said leave them alone it's not your birthday. the swelling should go down by Sunday and I will be able to see again :))))

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom