车型
售价(万元)
500倾心版​
13.98​
500倾慕版​
15.08​
500倾城版​
15.38​

the new Ei has three class, price from 139800 to 153800 rmb(£15434 to 16980), the highest class has L2 automatic pilot.

SAIC also provides some bother benifits such as battery fulltime warranty, five years loan with zero interest

新款荣威Ei5 指导售价
车型
售价(万元)
500倾心版​
13.98​
500倾慕版​
15.08​
500倾城版​
15.38​

the new Ei has three class, price from 139800 to 153800 rmb(£15434 to 16980), the highest class has L2 automatic pilot.

SAIC also provides some bother benifits such as battery fulltime warranty, five years loan with zero interest
So frustrating that the price jumps so much here! Interior looks nice though.

Long shot! Is it possible to find out the price appreciation from current model to the facelift?

新款荣威Ei5 指导售价
车型
售价(万元)
500倾心版​
13.98​
500倾慕版​
15.08​
500倾城版​
15.38​

Hi hello EricGao thank you for your post I see from your profile that you are in China so could you please help with a question that as been put on the thread for the MG5 decorative RoofRail issue, the question was what is the load permited on the roof rails on the Roewe Ei5.
Now I don’t mean the new one that pictures and prices of have just been released for in the last week or two but the model that it will replace which I think SAIC have been selling as the Roewe Ei5 in China for around 3/4 years this is the car that was rebadged and is sold in the UK as the MG5 if you could help with this it would be great many thanks in advance
Les Burrows on behalf of the forum.

Last edited:
Hi hello EricGao thank you for your post I see from your profile that you are in China so could you please help with a question that as been put on the thread for the MG5 decorative RoofRail issue, the question was what is the load permited on the roof rails on the Roewe Ei5.
Now I don’t mean the new one that pictures and prices of have just been released for in the last week or two but the model that it will replace which I think SAIC have been selling as the Roewe Ei5 in China for around 3/4 years this is the car that was rebadged and is sold in the UK as the MG5 if you could help with this it would be great many thanks in advance
Les Burrows on behalf of the forum.
this is the description on chinese handbook,IT means 'The roof rack is a non-load-bearing type and is only used for decoration. Please do not place any loads on the roof rack, otherwise it may cause accidents and damage the car.'

but some chinese ei5 owners installed travel boxs like this

Attachments

• 500_ChsEnFyKZsyATKv3AAFRN4ePMlk089.jpg
    500_ChsEnFyKZsyATKv3AAFRN4ePMlk089.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 500_ChwFlV7a7oKANMlPAA6QKs2vwbg110.jpg
    500_ChwFlV7a7oKANMlPAA6QKs2vwbg110.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 200
this is the description on chinese handbook,IT means 'The roof rack is a non-load-bearing type and is only used for decoration. Please do not place any loads on the roof rack, otherwise it may cause accidents and damage the car.'

but some chinese ei5 owners installed travel boxs like this
This is very interesting given the marketing that took place in the UK when it was launched!

EricGao, the problem is/was it was advertised and marketed as being able to take a load, it was shown with a bike rack and bike on the roof rails. That said, on page 62 of the online manual it states this.

1616225157373.png

I don't know if any early adopters of the 5 have a different manual?

Hi EricGao
Les Burrows here thank you very very much for your reply to my question yesterday I see someone called “kiltox” had place an response #7 and your question to him is #8. Which Marcad answers #9

Well the answer to your question is yes in the UK handbook it does on page 62 say that the roof rails are decorative and must not be loaded just as the Chinese book does

This is were the problem lies you see when the car came to the uk the brochures for it showed pictures of a cycle on its roof and the dealers at the time had on sale in their showrooms cross rails and cycle carriers to fit across the roof rails as accessories and in the specifications under weights it said roof load 50kg

Then in November 2020 I place an order for the car the next day I found a PDF copy online of the handbook for the vehicle and when I stated to read it I got to this statement on page 62 and when I question MG about it their answer eventually was that it was correct they where non load bearing yet they where advertising the car with a cycle on its roof so here in the UK once this was brought out into the open MG changed there advertising and pictures of the vehicle after having been selling them under false pretences for months

I cannot understand why they tried to do this when the Roewe ei5 has the same restriction in China, has you have told us,
But hang on they knew all along that the UK like there estate cars because of there ability as a load carrier and they tried to get away with it that’s why.
MG motors where LYING no other word for it and as we already knew they can’t be trusted.

You see I assume your name is Eric, the problem here in the UK and probably in Europe as a whole, lots of people but this type of vehicles because items can be carried on its roof rails, and people do so all the time you see them with cycles ladders luggage boxes as in your picture canoes all manor of things so MGs answer was to tell the dealers to tell their customers they cannot be use,
now that’s fine with the first new owner being told if the dealers do do that, but if they don’t and that person does not read they can’t be used in the handbook there could be a very serious accident on our roads you see as I have said this statement about the rails is on page 62 anything about loading luggage in the car is at page 181, plus the other thing is when a person buys one of these vehicles secondhand who is going to tell them and they might again load the rails unknowingly anyhow Eric if you look on this forum you will find a thread entitled
“Roof rails decorative “ only I think around 13/14 pages of reading in it and in this you will see what has been going on for the last 4/5 months and is still going on
I once again thank you very much for your help and will let you know of any outcome here in the UK so thanks again
Les

Last edited:
EricGao, the problem is/was it was advertised and marketed as being able to take a load, it was shown with a bike rack and bike on the roof rails. That said, on page 62 of the online manual it states this.

View attachment 2372

I don't know if any early adopters of the 5 have a different manual?
Hi looking at what EricGao has sent us I think what we have on page 62 is a direct translation of the China book so I have just written to him with a brief history of what’s gone on
Les

FAO Stuart Wright
Hi Stuart yesterday I found we had a chap on the forum who lives in China and I wish I had known this before as he as answered a question that has been floating around for months that being about the roof rails on the Roewe Ei5 my correspondence with him as puts a completely different angle on this issue and shows MG motors have been LYING all along so Stuart this correspondence is in the thread entitled “SAIC ROEWE releases the prices for the new Ei5” could all of this be attached to the Roof Rails decorative thread please I’m not sure how to
Les

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom