Sat nav problem ZS trophy long range

Hi everyone. Picked up my ZS trophy long range on Wednesday and I love it.
Apologies,because I bet this has been mentioned before but my sat nav doesn't seem to be working. The dealership put my home address into the destination favourites but when I press on it, the screen shows my current location, but doesn't move from there. Will go back to the dealership to get them to check it out, but wondered if it was something I was/wasn't doing ! Thanks all
I have had problems too, but not as you have described. If I select a destination, but then go off piste due to local knowledge, it is completely confused and comes up with unrecognisable routes and instructs u turns when you know that you going in the right general direction. It seems unable to recalculate routes. I keep my old Garmin on standby.

Hi everyone. Picked up my ZS trophy long range on Wednesday and I love it.
Apologies,because I bet this has been mentioned before but my sat nav doesn't seem to be working. The dealership put my home address into the destination favourites but when I press on it, the screen shows my current location, but doesn't move from there. Will go back to the dealership to get them to check it out, but wondered if it was something I was/wasn't doing ! Thanks all
Hi Sammy,
Don’t worry l had the same problem amongst several others but eventually after much tooing and froing my car went back to the dealership and they set up a case with MG and found out only this week there is an update and yes the satnav now works thankfully so your dealership should now be able to sort yours out, goodluck

I spoke with dealer yesterday and apparently all new ones being delivered should now have it turned off. Still not got an answer to why it's there in the first place and what it does, lol
Dead reckoning is used when the car goes through a tunnel and loses the GPS / Satellite signal and reverts to using the speed of the car to calculate your location. The only problem at the moment is it doesn't seem to work so as most owners are finding for now at least turning it off fixes the issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom