Sat Nav

Eckmash

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I don't have the car yet but I was wondering if any of you guys can answer the following: -
Does the sat nav give speed camera alerts?
Does the sat nav give post code destinations?
Does the sat nav give traffic jam warnings with alternative route choices?

Thanks in advance
Eckmash

I don't have the car yet but I was wondering if any of you guys can answer the following: -
Does the sat nav give speed camera alerts?
Does the sat nav give post code destinations?
Does the sat nav give traffic jam warnings with alternative route choices?

Thanks in advance
Eckmash

1. Yes. Set it in the satnav menu. When you go over the speed limit you wil hear the words "you are over the speed limit". Can get annoying so I turned mine off again, wish I kept it on as I got caught speeding just before Christmas :mad::mad::mad:
2. Yes.
3. Don't know without looking, but I suspect not (I don't recall it anyway).

I never undertsand the hate on here for the in-car satnav, it's perfectly useable and you don't have to faff around preloading maps if there's no mobile signal which happens around me a fair bit.

Although it warns you if you're over the speed limit, it doesn't seem to show or warn of speed camera positions on the map. even though there is a setting for it in the menus. :confused:

I usually plug in my iPhone and use TomTom or Wayz........but the other day I decided to use the built in one.......now I'm the first to admit that I'm useless with technology......but I nearly put my fist through the screen ....I couldn't find out how to set a simple post code! .......I can mange it on my PHEV which is also a old style unit..but gave up with the MG!:mad:

I usually use Google Maps over Android Auto. However, tried the on board sat nav yesterday and quite liked it. Easy to set a destination and the display is nice and clear. The big downside for me is that it is not up to date and the updating procedure is a bit of a nonsense tbh (and apparently unsupported for MG).

So, back to Google Maps for me.

Another Sat Nav question: if you put in a destination, does it tell you whether the car has enough range to get there?

The internal sat-nav is quite workable. Takes a few moment to get working....It shows where the Electric fuel pumps are, my only winge is that it does not show what type of pump/connection. Ref the car range, that is shown elsewhere, and the distance to the destination is shown on the sat-nav.

The internal sat-nav is quite workable. Takes a few moment to get working....It shows where the Electric fuel pumps are, my only winge is that it does not show what type of pump/connection.
Select witch connectors you want it to show, and it will hide the others

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom