Sat Nav

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I use Android Auto, which uses Google Maps which is far superior. I understand that Apple CarPlay is also better. As for sound, if you touch the "nut" symbol you can adjust the settings, including sound.

Unfortunately, the sat nav gets updated very infrequently. The Europe map wasn't updated since 2022. And when it gets updated, you have to download a 13GB file and carry it to the car on a USB stick. Most people stick to Android Auto or Apple Car Play to use their phone for navigation.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I use Android Auto, which uses Google Maps which is far superior. I understand that Apple CarPlay is also better. As for sound, if you touch the "nut" symbol you can adjust the settings, including sound.
Thanks after searching on the internet I have turned dead reckoning off and will try the Sat nav tomorrow morning

We used the in built Sat Nav to get to Hardwicke Hall in Derbyshire. We keyed in Hardwicke Hall, which it recognised but dumped us in an industrial estate. Right postcode, wrong place. Google knew the right directions. So make sure the destination you are directed to is the one you want to go to.
Also, I'm not too sure how good it is updating for traffic jams.
I agree with the above comments, use AA or ApplePlay.
If your car has a Wireless Hotspot use that to save on mobile data, if that's important.

Our sat nav suddenly froze today ( I'd done the dead reckoning bit weeks ago and that had worked). Got home and found how to reset it. This forum wins again!

I have had issues with the satnav, but I use it for local trips.
The worst bit is the touch screen to enter postcode, never known one so bad.

I use Android Auto most of time. I have two usages of satnav.

Satnav is with Tomtom technology. It is with real-time traffic information for ZS trophy model after July 2022 or trophy connect model before July 2022.
I can have a few touches to find traffic information when I stuck in traffic for usual travel.

My son's Samsung A52 can not be charged with USB C port.

You should be able to find where you were going in "History" or somewhere similar.

Waze all the way through Android Auto.
Far superior to Google maps on an A to B basis. Updates faster with real-time traffic, better algorithms and also doesn't have the annoying Google trait of voicing instructions 20 sec too late.
With android auto you can call on google maps in parallel if you have the sudden urge to go off track for a coffee or something.
The built in nav for one off instances when you can't be bothered it plug in a phone. hideous UI though.

Last edited:
I still use my stand alone Tom Tom for longer journeys. I prefer the way it shows thing and like my infotainment screen free for other stuff. Its got free lifetime updates , free traffic, free speed camera alerts, and maps for any country in the world. No phone or data package required as its built in and has no cost.

That's cool too. I've a TomTom Rider with the same package for my motorcycle and it works well. From a bikers viewpoint though, I like not having stuff stuck to the windscreen or dash.

It is a bit slow setting it up with the destination address, but works OK generally. Of course, the phone is the alternative...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom