Satnav. What's your Number?

Can you please detail more precisely what you do to pass the update ? I also have my screen rebooting during the Checking Files process :/
Hi.
The info screen kept cutting out after I attached the USB to update the maps, so the update only got a short distance along the updating line/bar? I then used jto's suggestion of pressing twice on the brake pedal as this seem the way to stop the info screen cutting out. But in this case the screen still cut out. I noticed that on each reboot the install line/bar got further and went faster with each reboot. Eventually the screen showed Update Successful :)
I would guess that with each restart the system skipped over what it had already installed and carried on from the point it had stopped at.
How the hell you are supposed to install it without the car turning itself off I have no idea. Maybe keep the engine running or go for a drive while it installs?

Good luck (y)

Hi.
The info screen kept cutting out after I attached the USB to update the maps, so the update only got a short distance along the updating line/bar? I then used jto's suggestion of pressing twice on the brake pedal as this seem the way to stop the info screen cutting out. But in this case the screen still cut out. I noticed that on each reboot the install line/bar got further and went faster with each reboot. Eventually the screen showed Update Successful :)
I would guess that with each restart the system skipped over what it had already installed and carried on from the point it had stopped at.
How the hell you are supposed to install it without the car turning itself off I have no idea. Maybe keep the engine running or go for a drive while it installs?

Good luck (y)
when i did mine i pressed the start button 2 times without the brake pressed , which is the equivalent of 2nd ign in a car with a key , then mine didn't turn off , didn't this work for you or was your just on one press ?

when i did mine i pressed the start button 2 times without the brake pressed , which is the equivalent of 2nd ign in a car with a key , then mine didn't turn off , didn't this work for you or was your just on one press ?
Didn't even try that, never had a car without a physical key to turn before, I still keep groping for the key when I get out!
I thought one push was accessory and two pushes started the car/engine.
My stop/start method still seems to have worked. I hope properly............

Didn't even try that, never had a car without a physical key to turn before, I still keep groping for the key when I get out!
I thought one push was accessory and two pushes started the car/engine.
My stop/start method still seems to have worked. I hope properly............
Ahhh yes if no brake Is pressed it will go to 2nd ING or run which ever you know it as and won't try to start :) also a good way to keep radio on when parked :)

Last edited:
Err, not quite grasping that.
So, get in the car, do not press the brake pedal, hit the start button twice, the engine won't start but the info will and stay on?
How things have progressed since my 1934 Austin 10 (Bought second hand, not new)

Err, not quite grasping that.
So, get in the car, do not press the brake pedal, hit the start button twice, the engine won't start but the info will and stay on?
How things have progressed since my 1934 Austin 10 (Bought second hand, not new)
Yes that's right , press no pedals and press button 2 times that will place the car on the 2nd click of the key , all systems will be alive eg hvac and radio won't turn off , just don't run for hours or you will get a fault battery :), to start press brake and press again and off you go

Thanks ^^ I just tried this but my issue is not the same as you. At around 50%, my head unit completely reboot every time I tried to update the maps. I also tried with different kind of USB key but it's always the same issue :/

Yes that's right , press no pedals and press button 2 times that will place the car on the 2nd click of the key , all systems will be alive eg hvac and radio won't turn off , just don't run for hours or you will get a fault battery :), to start press brake and press again and off you go
Thanks, I will try that next time I get in it.

Further to all previous , I have since changed to a Trophy Long range Zs, and this has changed from Naviextras, it seems, to Here Maps. No update info whatsoever at the moment. It seems to be looking for a map on Usb to update but no idea where and how to get the updated maps. My car is not a connect but it does connect to the internet which is how the app works from my iPhone

With all the trouble updating the Navigation Software, I would like to use my Garmin Satnav which has lifetime map updates. Any idea where it should be placed as all I get is 'Searching for Satellites' regardless of where it is placed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom