Say Hello

Hi everyone.

I've been lurking for a while as I wasn't sure if my new car would ever arrive but had the email today to say my new MG5 LR Exclusive will be delivered to me on 6 September!

Feeling very excited (but also a little bit scared!) I've always had Fords before so this is going to be a bit different! I'm sure I'll be fine though with all you helpful people to fall back on!
Hello and welcome , I’ve always been a Ford man up till 2020 then got a 2018 Kia Ceed sports wagon , which I like but they and Ford don’t do an EV in a Ceed/Focus size estate , so the MG wins hands down

Hi everyone.

I've been lurking for a while as I wasn't sure if my new car would ever arrive but had the email today to say my new MG5 LR Exclusive will be delivered to me on 6 September!

Feeling very excited (but also a little bit scared!) I've always had Fords before so this is going to be a bit different! I'm sure I'll be fine though with all you helpful people to fall back on!
Hi Philb: I bought the same car (Red) and its a dream in all ways got it 31 March and still thinks its the dogs boll.... :)
Enjoy the experience and make others jealous...plus this site is so helpful for gaining knowledge about EV's

Hi everyone,
I test drove the first Nissan Leaf back in 2012 and loved it (mostly the novelty, but maybe I had 'Milkman aspirations') the range problem pushed me towards a Prius Plug In, which I bought in Nov 2012. Been running the Prius for nearly 10 years now and no problems, but I'm retired now and doing little mileage, and last two dealer services on the Prius have been expensive (a number of failures), so it's going! (Never kept a car this long before!)
New replacement, I hope, will be an MG4. Ideal for the narrow lanes down here in West Devon, shopping, and beach trips. Would love the volcano orange which reminds me of my very first new car back in the late 1970's, a Datsun 120Y (I loved that car ; ( ). That was followed by 3 or 4 Nissan Sunnys, Ford Scorpio, a Micra (insurance costs),Mondeo estate, Quashqai, XJ6 3.0 Soverign and then the Prius.
Don't need the Trophy SatNav etc additions so will probably settle for a red/blue or whatever base model.
(Funny - my Dad bought my first car (10 year old Austin A55 Gown Van from a friend in the rag trade) then after I had 6 months in that he offered to buy me my first new car ........ I wanted an MG Midget in racing green ..... I got the Datsun 120Y in Orange. 6 months later I fell asleep at the wheel and flipped it multiple times against the central barrier on the M6 after taking out the front offside wheel. Always wondered if I would have survived that in an MG Midget or would have rolled it!

Hello, I'm a brand new member, but I have lurked for sometime doing my research....

I've ordered a black MG4 SE Standard range. This will be my first ev, moving from a golf.

I've wanted an ev for sometime but I was determined not to buy a legacy car, nor was I prepared to pay £40k for it. I didn't fancy a Zoe or a leaf but really wanted to stay with a 4 door hatch. Pretty much what I've always had.

Looking forward to learning the MG4 when it arrives.

Thanks

Hello, I'm a brand new member, but I have lurked for sometime doing my research....

I've ordered a black MG4 SE Standard range. This will be my first ev, moving from a golf.

I've wanted an ev for sometime but I was determined not to buy a legacy car, nor was I prepared to pay £40k for it. I didn't fancy a Zoe or a leaf but really wanted to stay with a 4 door hatch. Pretty much what I've always had.

Looking forward to learning the MG4 when it arrives.

Thanks
Hi, do you think you will pick it up in the first batch mid September?

Hello everyone, today I was surprised when I got into my mg5 car. I was surprised that the screen is black and the control system is not working at all, and all the system sounds have completely disappeared, and the alarm sound also disappeared and all the control unit buttons do not work except for the button for the air cooler, but it does not light up in yellow as usual, I tried Turning off the car and restarting it again, but it did not work for me, and I do not want to take off the battery wire so that the marks do not appear on the license plate behind the steering wheel. Does this mean that the system unit of a car has been damaged or is it simple, I hope you can help me, and thank you very much.... MARVEL

Don't think I've properly said Hello yet!

My name's Thomas, I'm a French guy who's lived in Thailand for many, many years :)

Always been fascinated by electric cars, but have usually driven cheap and cheerful hatchbacks.

Earlier this year, the Thai government announced a fairly major rebate on buying EVs, and there's been quite a frenzy for them, I could not resist the opportunity and put my name down for a red MG EP, which you guys know as the MG5 SW. I do love estates/station wagons, the space of a sedan with the practicality of a hatchback!

My colleague had been driving a ZS EV for a couple of years, with 0 problems, so I already knew that MG makes some very decent, simple but reliable EVs, not everyone needs to be driving a spaceship Tesla or Taycan!

Anyway, fast forward to September, and the deliveries for those earlier orders is in full swing, I am scheduled to pick up mine tomorrow, very excited!

Hello.

I'm Jamie. Deposit paid today on a ZS EV Trophy long range (was given a 30 week timeline). Will be swapping a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe for it.

First EV so hopefully be ok! Web developer by trade so with from home, this will be fit my wife who commutes about 100 miles a day.

Cheers all

Hi and hello jamie07051975 and welcome to the forum, if you go to the top of this page, you will find Forums at on the left, so click on that and that will take you to the page with all the different topics and models of MG vehicles, in there you will find MGZS which I’m sure will give you lots and lots of information about the car you have on order, and you will I am sure find most of the answers to any question that you may have but if not don’t be afraid to ask the forum not matter if you think they might be a little silly or trivial.

Just one thing to be aware of is that all models by that I mean ZS mk1 and the newer ZS the one you have on order are all mixed together in that forum thread so be aware while reading the post that it’s you model the post is about as they can be to completely different animals and lots of issues there might apply to the mk1 but not the MK2 facelifted car.
Also in case you don’t know on YouTube you wil find the MGEVs podcast which give loads of information as well.
Les.

Hi and hello jamie07051975 and welcome to the forum, if you go to the top of this page, you will find Forums at on the left, so click on that and that will take you to the page with all the different topics and models of MG vehicles, in there you will find MGZS which I’m sure will give you lots and lots of information about the car you have on order, and you will I am sure find most of the answers to any question that you may have but if not don’t be afraid to ask the forum not matter if you think they might be a little silly or trivial.

Just one thing to be aware of is that all models by that I mean ZS mk1 and the newer ZS the one you have on order are all mixed together in that forum thread so be aware while reading the post that it’s you model the post is about as they can be to completely different animals and lots of issues there might apply to the mk1 but not the MK2 facelifted car.
Also in case you don’t know on YouTube you wil find the MGEVs podcast which give loads of information as well.
Les.
Thanks Les. Appreciate that, was a little confused the other day but realised it was the MK1 someone was talking about!

I'll give the podcast a go next!

Hello,

I'm Chris. I'm looking to buy a MG ZS EV either MK1 or MK2.

First EV for me and my wife. Replacing my Merc CLA45.

Thanks

Hi, you will find a few MK1's second hand check out the ZS forum for things to look out for like BMS update.
The MK2 has a better range and a few more gadgets with it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom