Scheduled battery heating option on the app

smoked

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does this work? i set it up yesterday to charge an hour before i went to work - i charge the car there so i thought a warm battery would take more charge

from the last time i drove the car to when i was going to work it only dropped 1% when normally it would take a few more percentage off the battery

i'm trying it again today - just seeing if it does warm it up

I think battery heating only helps get the battery ready for fast charging in advance of connecting to the charger, otherwise it takes longer to charge.

I think battery heating only helps get the battery ready for fast charging in advance of connecting to the charger, otherwise it takes longer to charge.
Actually, a warm battery improves the chemical reactions making it more efficient. Similar to a cold engine using more fuel before it warms up.

Actually, a warm battery improves the chemical reactions making it more efficient. Similar to a cold engine using more fuel before it warms up.
Yes I guess it benefits if the battery is kept at constant optimal temperature but that would surely eat up the main battery mileage/range?

I don't know remotely enough about batteries to say for certain but for our (or at least my own) purposes it would not be the best use of charge to use battery heating unless preparing it to accept fast charge quicker? I read somewhere to turn it on 30 min before stopping for a fast charger.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom