Schuko to 3 pin adapter

Deleted member 6627

Reaction score
Does anybody have a link to a good schuko to 3 pin adapter for a UK granny charger? I'm sure somebody posted a good one a few months ago but I can't find the link.

If a euro granny charger is a better and safer option then I'm happy to invest a little more. It will only get used once a year though.

This is required for an MG5.... If that makes any difference.

Try this site. If this item isn't right they have others

@Gomev

I think the one you posted is the reverse of what @LongRangeDave needs! Also, as far as I can see that web site doesn't seem to have an alternative "reversed" one.

A quick check on (the ubiquitous) Amazon produced this. Clearly, anyone using it would need to be careful to NOT plug anything else into it if the Granny Charger was "active"!

CORRECTION: I think this on the toughleads site will do what is wanted!

Last edited:
This sort of thing is a better idea, but check it regularly when first using it to ensure that it doesn't overheat.

Schuko Euro Plug Socket to 13A 3 Pin UK Plug Adapter [Earthed]

Kenable are a reliable supplier and normally quick although possibly not over the New Year holiday.

Edit to add picture showing how it connects:

Screenshot 2022-12-31 11.43.02 AM.png

I'd have preferred a longer contact area but it is sufficient for 10A.

Last edited:
@BugEyed

I think what you're suggesting is the reverse of what is being asked for! o_O

As I understand what @LongRangeDave wants it is to be able to connect a Granny Charger with a UK plug to a Schuko socket! I think your linked item is to allow a Schuko plug to connect to a UK socket.

@Gomev

I think the one you posted is the reverse of what @LongRangeDave needs! Also, as far as I can see that web site doesn't seem to have an alternative "reversed" one.

A quick check on (the ubiquitous) Amazon produced this. Clearly, anyone using it would need to be careful to NOT plug anything else into it if the Granny Charger was "active"!

CORRECTION: I think this on the toughleads site will do what is wanted!
or this

Thanks, tough leads have exactly what I am looking for. And, yes, I am after a lead to plug my UK 3 pin granny charger into while in France.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom