Scottish members- where are you?

Is it just me - Or does Bloggsy's 3rd photo look a bit like an 80s album cover?
It's just you! :ROFLMAO: I suppose the photo could be mistaken for the Backstreet Boys or Westlife...? :unsure:

Glad you made it back up the road okay. Look forward to seeing you again, at the next meet.

Cheers

Bloggsy

My wife and I went Dobbies at Stirling today and I revisited the Castleview hub for an voltage fix. A blue and then a black ZS pulled in separately with a young couple in each. The black was plugged in and was still there when we left (I offered no assistance there as they were changing a Baby‘a nappy 🤮 ). The couple in the blue almost turned the car inside out with no cable connected. On enquiring it transpired her Dad lent her the car and she couldn’t find the rfid card🤦‍♂️
Our car was almost at 90% at that point so I unplugged and used my card to zap their charger on for 15 mins to get them enough to go and face Daddy 😱. I did chastise them for being a day late for the meet 😂😂

Just had a horrible thought 😱😱. Did I aid and abet Bonnie and McClyde stealing a car for some despicable high voltage crime wave ??
Well it would have been a DC charger, so at least it wasn't a "crime-sine-wave".

Sorry about that - couldn't resist(or).

I have had my MG ZS EV for 8 weeks and already clocked up 1800 miles. I live in the far south of Glasgow. Had my first long trip to Doncaster last weekend. Also on that trip was the first time I've had to pay for a public charger. Trip went well but I appreciate more now just how fortunate we are in Scotland to have plenty of free chargers. The learning curve is pretty steep for finding rapid chargers that work down south. I normally use Google maps for navigation, it would be great if you could have access to all working chargers along the route planned, along with charger costs.

I have had my MG ZS EV for 8 weeks and already clocked up 1800 miles. I live in the far south of Glasgow. Had my first long trip to Doncaster last weekend. Also on that trip was the first time I've had to pay for a public charger. Trip went well but I appreciate more now just how fortunate we are in Scotland to have plenty of free chargers. The learning curve is pretty steep for finding rapid chargers that work down south. I normally use Google maps for navigation, it would be great if you could have access to all working chargers along the route planned, along with charger costs.
Have a look at Zap Map. Glad you are enjoying EV life😀

Hi Ray1. These cars are very good and the ability to plan out chargers that work is a truly mystical art. I find Zap Map is about as good as it gets. After about 16 months our car has clocked up over six and a half thousand miles. Best idea seems to be not to stretch out the pit stop gaps too far and try to “plan” one or two alternative units on the way. Happy driving and stay safe.

I am also going from a Golf estate to an MG ...to be exact a GTD estate to an MG 5. Are your footie team still going Violet (violent) FC ?
Can I ask how the MG5 compares to the golf estate please? Specifically space - loadspace, rear legroom, rear shoulder width etc etc.

As a suggestion, how about Saltcoats Harbour?
Pros
Big car park and possibly parking on the Harbour wall ( as in picture)
Three Chargers in carpark ( 2x CCS and 4x Type 2)
Aldi + bakers etc within 5 minutes walk
Public Toilets within 5 minutes walk
Stunning views of the Costa del Clyde including Arran ( albeit if you can see Arran it's going to rain, if you can't see it- it is raining 😂)

Cons
Its a fair old trek down to Ayrshire
Chargers may be getting used by other drivers
It will probably be raining

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-203147.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-203147.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20210723-203340.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-203340.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 107
Support us by becoming a Premium Member