Scottish members- where are you?

Further to my last post a few mins ago. There is a big car park over at the Kelpies but no chargers there sadly - also there’s a £3.00 parking charge there while the Stadium is free to park.

Hi folks - another wee reminder about the planned meet up scheduled for next Sunday.

I hope to see some of you there and I'll be doing my 'sunshine' dance as it's pouring in Edinburgh at the moment! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bloggsy

We’re not having to water the garden tonight here in Bo’ness either 🤣. It’s looking like reasonably good for Sunday I think 👍

I'm afraid I might have to cancel 😥 sorry.
I was asked if I'd work on Saturday (short of drivers) so it looks like I'll be in London next weekend 😥
Hopefully I'll make it another time and if anyone is heading to the fully charged weekend in Farnborough I'll definitely be there (had my tickets since 2019).

I'm afraid I might have to cancel 😥 sorry.
I was asked if I'd work on Saturday (short of drivers) so it looks like I'll be in London next weekend 😥
Hopefully I'll make it another time and if anyone is heading to the fully charged weekend in Farnborough I'll definitely be there (had my tickets since 2019).
No probs! Enjoy the trip down South! I see there's a new charging hub opened in Stirling which looks very impressive so I'll have to check it out for our 'next' meet! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Sorry for the 'last minute.com' but as the new chargers in Stirling are free - are there any objections to moving the venue for the meet up this Sunday to this new charging hub in Stirling?

I know it's not as picturesque as being next to the Kelpies, but we don't know how long it'll remain free to charge our cars, so we can get our money's worth before Stirling Council decide to charge!

Looking on the map, there's 18 miles between the 2 venues so not too far! :unsure:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Yes I’m sitting here having a freeby as I type 👌 if the rain abates I’ll pop a picture shortly. There’s no cafes and not even sure about toilet facilities (loads of bushes 🤦‍♂️)

7DA5F0A8-1083-4ED9-8D98-03C9699299A3.jpeg

Attachments

• FC9F8D68-2246-4315-8A05-EDD957E82773.jpeg
    FC9F8D68-2246-4315-8A05-EDD957E82773.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 113
Sorry for the 'last minute.com' but as the new chargers in Stirling are free - are there any objections to moving the venue for the meet up this Sunday to this new charging hub in Stirling?

I know it's not as picturesque as being next to the Kelpies, but we don't know how long it'll remain free to charge our cars, so we can get our money's worth before Stirling Council decide to charge!

Looking on the map, there's 18 miles between the 2 venues so not too far! :unsure:

Cheers

Bloggsy

I will not have my MG by then (still waiting on EST paperwork) but considering I live within 3 miles of the Falkirk hub, I was intending popping down on my current EV (it is a bike).

I am reluctant to make my way as far as Stirling until I have my new EV (I don't want to have to put any more fuel in my current car!).

Thanks @Archev - I must admit I was slightly worried about the time limit on the chargers at Falkirk Stadium! I thought we'd have to move over to the 'normal' car park after an hour so as not to incur the overstay fee. :unsure:

If there's no objections, I think it would be a better venue to meet at this Charging Hub in Stirling (postcode is FK9 4TW). As with the other venue, you may want to bring your own drinks or pop out during the meet - there's the Highland Gate pub, just up the road (according to Zap Map) and a McD's and Sainsburys further along Drip Road.

I'll try and monitor this forum on my mobile during the meet, in case someone hasn't heard about the change and shows up at Falkirk Stadium and wonders if we're playing hide and seek! :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to seeing others there!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Officially known as - Castleview Low Carbon Hub.
If you type in -
tailwind.mistress.prepared
to the “What 3 Words” app that will lead you to the charger I was at today.

Yes I’m sitting here having a freeby as I type 👌 if the rain abates I’ll pop a picture shortly. There’s no cafes and not even sure about toilet facilities (loads of bushes 🤦‍♂️)
There's the Riverhouse restaurant just across from the charging station - 4 minute walk - that's my usual haunt as I plug and go across for a nice coffee and wander back. As previous mentioned there are other venues at the main roundabout. Sainsbury's is quite far so if its wet need to pack a dingy !

I went to the Stirling charging station last week. V impressive I must say but apart from the rapid chargers there was only 1 car charging. Needs a cafe if you ask me !

Sorry I am going to have to miss this one. I've just had some surgery and although Mrs Simondi is willing to drive me I couldn't sit in the car for the journey from Ayrshire.
Have a brilliant meet and post up loads of pictures

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom