Scottish members- where are you?

Sunday 11th July at Falkirk Stadium @ 1.00 pm. 156 miles from Inverness, I'm not even going to try it on a single charge, though I suspect it might make it in a warm summer day!

It's in my diary! If I still had my BMS depletion issue, I would have to leave about now!! :ROFLMAO:
Actually just checked the photos please see the attached.
Left with 448 Volts, and trip meters reset (18027 miles on clock)
Completed 136.4 miles, 4.3 miles per KWh with 48 miles remaining so possible maximum range on that day / night was 184.4 if things continued as they were

Attachments

• 72919E51-51B0-402D-B316-D90B751118E3.jpeg
    72919E51-51B0-402D-B316-D90B751118E3.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 24770BBD-CD47-49F2-8B6E-57A4BC8D1949.jpeg
    24770BBD-CD47-49F2-8B6E-57A4BC8D1949.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 390C89E9-DDE8-485A-A9C2-2E7F00CA9430.jpeg
    390C89E9-DDE8-485A-A9C2-2E7F00CA9430.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 121A6C89-CA52-4918-94A7-B6414081E250.jpeg
    121A6C89-CA52-4918-94A7-B6414081E250.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 119
Sunday 11th July at Falkirk Stadium @ 1.00 pm. 156 miles from Inverness, I'm not even going to try it on a single charge, though I suspect it might make it in a warm summer day!

It's in my diary! If I still had my BMS depletion issue, I would have to leave about now!! :ROFLMAO:
Your 156 should easily be achieved...this time of the year.

I picked up my ZSEV from Bryson of Prestwick on Tuesday - loving it so far.

I've seen a few EVs on the Ayrshire roads and wondered if there were many Ayrshire members on here or indeed many Scottish based members? If so, once we are able to travel and meet people again, would anyone fancy a good old fashioned car meet?

Anyway, I'm Simon and live in God's own country of North Ayrshire 😃. I am a bit of an MG enthusiast and our current ZSEV shares a driveway with a 1.6 TF in Trophy Yellow and a ZT 190 in Starlight Silver. I'm happy to plan and travel any meets as restrictions permit
I am not a Scottish in

I've seen a few EVs on the Ayrshire roads and wondered if there were many Ayrshire members on here or indeed many Scottish based members? If so, once we are able to travel and meet people again, would anyone fancy a good old fashioned car meet?

Anyway, I'm Simon and live in God's own country of North Ayrshire 😃. I am a bit of an MG enthusiast and our current ZSEV shares a driveway with a 1.6 TF in Trophy Yellow and a ZT 190 in Starlight Silver. I'm happy to plan and travel any meets as restrictions permit

I am not a Scottish member however I did take my one and only driving lesson in Scotland in 1956. My brother thought me to drive we went from Wolverhampton to Inverness and back over a period of two weeks and climbed about 10 of your beautiful mountains in between driving. On our return I took a test and got myself a 1934 Riley Lincock for £45. Probably the most enjoyable car until I got an MG 5ev in January. That lesson gave me a life long love of Scotland.

I am not a Scottish member however I did take my one and only driving lesson in Scotland in 1956. My brother thought me to drive we went from Wolverhampton to Inverness and back over a period of two weeks and climbed about 10 of your beautiful mountains in between driving. On our return I took a test and got myself a 1934 Riley Lincock for £45. Probably the most enjoyable car until I got an MG 5ev in January. That lesson gave me a life long love of Scotland.
That's enough to get your foot in the door, John! Fancy coming up to the meet in July?! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

I need to look at booking time off work so I can come 😁
But will definitely be avoiding the Ionity chargers at Gretna green this time

Folks - I think we could discuss meeting up and, if you're like me, it'll seem like a good idea now and then 'life' starts building up and other things get 'booked' and you'll never find the time!

So, why don't we bite the bullet and just set a date far enough ahead that we can get it in our diaries and, hopefully, get as many of us together as possible?

May I suggest 1pm on Sunday 11th July at Falkirk Stadium, please?

This is just a date I plucked out about 2 months ahead to give us 'wiggle room' if someone objects and proposes another date, etc. and we should be free from restrictions by then (fingers crossed!).

I know they've started to charge for using the chargers here (there are free chargers up the road in Denny if you don't want to pay) but it's also got a huge car park and it's centrally located for those travelling from the east, west, north and south.

This is just a wee proposal and I'm happy to go with the flow if someone wants another date, time and/or venue?! :p Otherwise, 11th July 2021 for the inaugural Scottish members meet-up!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Gutted.

I'm going in for an operation ( very unexpected ☹️) and won't be able to drive for a few months.
If I'm ok to travel I may be able to persuade Mrs Simondi to bring me

Gutted.

I'm going in for an operation ( very unexpected ☹️) and won't be able to drive for a few months.
If I'm ok to travel I may be able to persuade Mrs Simondi to bring me
Good luck with the op! Hope it goes well. If Mrs D is able to drive, we'd love to see you both but totally understand if she can't so no stress. Hopefully, we'll have another meet up, Coronavirus restrictions and weather, permitting! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

I missed this post so apologies for the late appearance! I'm also of the Scottish breed, located in Aberdeen though and as per usual, there's not many others in the car scene near here! Everyone always seems to be predominantly south of Edinburgh 🤷‍♂️

Not sure I could bring myself to take the EV on the NC500 either, I normally do that in the MR2 and would hate to miss the opportunity 😬 I certainly wouldn't want to ruin the image of an EV convoy in a noisy gas guzzler🙃😆

I missed this post so apologies for the late appearance! I'm also of the Scottish breed, located in Aberdeen though and as per usual, there's not many others in the car scene near here! Everyone always seems to be predominantly south of Edinburgh 🤷‍♂️

Not sure I could bring myself to take the EV on the NC500 either, I normally do that in the MR2 and would hate to miss the opportunity 😬 I certainly wouldn't want to ruin the image of an EV convoy in a noisy gas guzzler🙃😆
We could take it in turns to tow you...oops...no towbar allowed..maybe we could push you instead ?

Hi folks - excuse the gentle reminder about the proposed meet up at 1pm on Sunday 11th July at Falkirk Stadium charging hub (Coronavirus restrictions permitting - who knows what the First Minster is going to throw at us over the next 4 months?!). 1 month to go! 🤞

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi folks - excuse the gentle reminder about the proposed meet up at 1pm on Sunday 11th July at Falkirk Stadium charging hub (Coronavirus restrictions permitting - who knows what the First Minster is going to throw at us over the next 4 months?!). 1 month to go! 🤞

Cheers

Bloggsy
Fingers crossed. Mrs Simondi has said she is happy to drive through if I'm well enough, fingers crossed

Hi - ref the Falkirk stadium meet. Good idea and I hope to get there (it’s only 7 miles so I should make it whatever state of charge I have 🤔). A ten minute walk over to the Kelpies / canal basin area takes you out at the “hub” where there’s a fine cafe and usually at least one van selling coffees etc and light lunch items. All are very clean and very good.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom