Scottish members- where are you?

Took a road trip today and visited the Kelpies in Falkirk, and topped up the charge at the charging hub at Falkirk Stadium. It's fantastic - 13 devices (the usual drill - you can only charge on one DC device but I charged on AC next to another ZS EV on the DC, from the same device).

I spoke to the driver who said her husband may be a member here - anyone want to own up?! ;)

I also saw another ZS EV drive in, as I was driving out in Pimlico blue. I waved to the driver and he actually waved back. :cool:

When we get round to organising a meet, I'd suggest this venue! (y)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Did you take any pics?

Actually, I did take 1 pic as I was so impressed!

IMG_1966.jpg

This is only half of the charging bays but a great set up and, as I was only topping up, I didn't use the DC chargers so others could use them and I believe they're all free!

Cheers

Bloggsy

View attachment 2892

This is only half of the charging bays but a great set up and, as I was only topping up, I didn't use the DC chargers so others could use them and I believe they're all free!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Hi Bloggsy that looks spot on and the way to go nothink like that near me, fingers crossed one day it will happen(y)

Hi Bloggsy that looks spot on and the way to go nothink like that near me, fingers crossed one day it will happen(y)

I must admit I was surprised it was so good. I've got a charging hub close to my house (5 or 6 miles) with quite a few chargers but you have to pay £1 connection fee and it's 16p per Kwh.

I don't know how long Falkirk Council will keep this hub free (a lot of Councils are changing so you pay to use these hubs) so let's not leave it too long for our meet up, please! 😂

Cheers

Bloggsy

Took a road trip today and visited the Kelpies in Falkirk, and topped up the charge at the charging hub at Falkirk Stadium. It's fantastic - 13 devices (the usual drill - you can only charge on one DC device but I charged on AC next to another ZS EV on the DC, from the same device).

I spoke to the driver who said her husband may be a member here - anyone want to own up?! ;)

I also saw another ZS EV drive in, as I was driving out in Pimlico blue. I waved to the driver and he actually waved back. :cool:

When we get round to organising a meet, I'd suggest this venue! (y)

Cheers

Bloggsy
Hi Bloggsy, I was there yesterday about noon...and didn't see any other ZS EV ? Also have Pimlico blue, agree on the venue

Hi Bloggsy, I was there yesterday about noon...and didn't see any other ZS EV ? Also have Pimlico blue, agree on the venue

It's a shame I missed you. I think I might have dipped out to go to Asda to get a sandwich but I'm not exactly sure what time that was. I returned to 'top up' again whilst we ate in the car and I chatted to another ZS EV driver (her car was also red). Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet soon.

I wonder if they would let a Partick Thistle supporter use it though....

Don't worry - the section with the chargers is segregated from the main car park and has it's own entrance so we can sneak you in! ;) 😂

Cheers

Bloggsy

It's a shame I missed you. I think I might have dipped out to go to Asda to get a sandwich but I'm not exactly sure what time that was. I returned to 'top up' again whilst we ate in the car and I chatted to another ZS EV driver (her car was also red). Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet soon.

Don't worry - the section with the chargers is segregated from the main car park and has it's own entrance so we can sneak you in! ;) 😂

Cheers

Bloggsy
For all the usage I get from the Stadium, I have never spotted an other ZS EV ????
- Since Nicola opened up the cell doors, getting more use of the car - still love it to bits :cool:

View attachment 2892

Cheers

Bloggsy
We had been thinking about somewhere to go for a meet -Falkirk may be an option now !!

I must admit I was surprised it was so good. I've got a charging hub close to my house (5 or 6 miles) with quite a few chargers but you have to pay £1 connection fee and it's 16p per Kwh.

I don't know how long Falkirk Council will keep this hub free (a lot of Councils are changing so you pay to use these hubs) so let's not leave it too long for our meet up, please! 😂

Cheers

Bloggsy
just heard that the Falkirk council are now charging for EV use at the stadium -how much I know not
:-(

Boooo! :( Zap Map shows it's now 25p per Kwh and a £5 charge if staying over an hour.

That's a shame but not surprising - anywhere else that would be suitable for a meet? I was hoping we could get together at the end of this month or June - any thoughts folks?

Cheers

Bloggsy

Boooo! :( Zap Map shows it's now 25p per Kwh and a £5 charge if staying over an hour.

That's a shame but not surprising - anywhere else that would be suitable for a meet? I was hoping we could get together at the end of this month or June - any thoughts folks?

Cheers

Bloggsy
Make that 2 BOOOOs ! Its handy to plug in and go upstairs to the restaurant and have a coffee and snacks while filling up with solar stuff...
anytime suits me as being retired my life is not run by the clock (just the wife) !

Folks - I think we could discuss meeting up and, if you're like me, it'll seem like a good idea now and then 'life' starts building up and other things get 'booked' and you'll never find the time!

So, why don't we bite the bullet and just set a date far enough ahead that we can get it in our diaries and, hopefully, get as many of us together as possible?

May I suggest 1pm on Sunday 11th July at Falkirk Stadium, please?

This is just a date I plucked out about 2 months ahead to give us 'wiggle room' if someone objects and proposes another date, etc. and we should be free from restrictions by then (fingers crossed!).

I know they've started to charge for using the chargers here (there are free chargers up the road in Denny if you don't want to pay) but it's also got a huge car park and it's centrally located for those travelling from the east, west, north and south.

This is just a wee proposal and I'm happy to go with the flow if someone wants another date, time and/or venue?! :p Otherwise, 11th July 2021 for the inaugural Scottish members meet-up!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Folks - I think we could discuss meeting up and, if you're like me, it'll seem like a good idea now and then 'life' starts building up and other things get 'booked' and you'll never find the time!

So, why don't we bite the bullet and just set a date far enough ahead that we can get it in our diaries and, hopefully, get as many of us together as possible?

This is just a date I plucked out about 2 months ahead to give us 'wiggle room' if someone objects and proposes another date, etc. and we should be free from restrictions by then (fingers crossed!).

I know they've started to charge for using the chargers here (there are free chargers up the road in Denny if you don't want to pay) but it's also got a huge car park and it's centrally located for those travelling from the east, west, north and south.

This is just a wee proposal and I'm happy to go with the flow if someone wants another date, time and/or venue?! :p Otherwise, 11th July 2021 for the inaugural Scottish members meet-up!

Cheers

Bloggsy
So far no problems Bloggsy, downside is I don't think the stadium cafe is open at the stadium at the week-end (could be wrong)! should anyone fancy a caffeine rush !!!

So far no problems Bloggsy, downside is I don't think the stadium cafe is open at the stadium at the week-end (could be wrong)! should anyone fancy a caffeine rush !!!
It's okay - there was an ice cream van at the end of the car park the last time I was there! :p

Seriously though, it's a good point so I think everyone should bring their own. I'm sure there'll be a McD's (or Starbuck, Costa, etc.) nearby that you can swing into on the way. As you're up the road, from your local knowledge, any suggestions please?

Cheers

Bloggsy

It's okay - there was an ice cream van at the end of the car park the last time I was there! :p

Seriously though, it's a good point so I think everyone should bring their own. I'm sure there'll be a McD's (or Starbuck, Costa, etc.) nearby that you can swing into on the way. As you're up the road, from your local knowledge, any suggestions please?

Cheers

Bloggsy
I saw ice cream van and went for a coffee and they offered to put their kettle on ?
emmmm no thx..... Only other place I can think of is the shopping centre (Falkirk Central Retail Park) about 5/6 mins away from stadium where you have lots of parking and loads of coffee shops.. might I suggest we meet at the stadium and do a bikers convoy to the shopping centre ! :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy
That sounds like an excellent idea. Count me in

Sunday 11th July at Falkirk Stadium @ 1.00 pm. 156 miles from Inverness, I'm not even going to try it on a single charge, though I suspect it might make it in a warm summer day!

It's in my diary! If I still had my BMS depletion issue, I would have to leave about now!! :ROFLMAO:
Don’t under estimate this car managed about 120 miles last night, 70 of those at full motorway speed, 50 miles back on A roads and through town in to London and then arrived home with I believe 58 miles on the GOM....not bad at all so about 178 miles of range. Really pleased 😀

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom