Scottish members- where are you?

Bannockburn ....I sometimes see a black ZS out and about but don't know if its an EV. Got mine in november but dying to go a long road trip and show off this great car...
mine is white, cornton area, there are fair few petrol versions in Stirling I think , bit hard to make out if they are EV or petrol from distance

Hi folks - living in Edinburgh but having to pick up/drop off my oldest from Uni in Fife (she is one of those exempt and has to take classes in Uni), so feel like I live there!

Thanks to simondi for bringing this thread to my attention as I didn't know it existed 😁

I'd be up for a meet when the restrictions are relaxed - it'd be cool to see what mods, if any, other members have done to their EV's.

It would have to be somewhere like a Park and Ride where there are plenty of chargers, I suspect, and just from using my memory, Halbeath just off J3 of the M90 has about 10 7kw chargers and 2 rapid chargers. Plus, it's just along the road from Fife Leisure Park where there's a McDonalds for coffee and snacks!

We'd swap around the rapid chargers and use the 7kw chargers whilst waiting ;)

The other car in the house is an Outlander PHEV so I sometimes top up there, after I've collected my McMuffin and coffee and it's pretty convenient and centrally located.

Anyway - a conversation for another day. Hopefully, I'll see you driving around!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi folks - living in Edinburgh but having to pick up/drop off my oldest from Uni in Fife (she is one of those exempt and has to take classes in Uni), so feel like I live there!

Thanks to simondi for bringing this thread to my attention as I didn't know it existed 😁

I'd be up for a meet when the restrictions are relaxed - it'd be cool to see what mods, if any, other members have done to their EV's.

It would have to be somewhere like a Park and Ride where there are plenty of chargers, I suspect, and just from using my memory, Halbeath just off J3 of the M90 has about 10 7kw chargers and 2 rapid chargers. Plus, it's just along the road from Fife Leisure Park where there's a McDonalds for coffee and snacks!

The other car in the house is an Outlander PHEV so I sometimes top up there, after I've collected my McMuffin and coffee and it's pretty convenient and centrally located.

Anyway - a conversation for another day. Hopefully, I'll see you driving around!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Good idea for a catch up.
What uni us your daughter at? My son is at St Andrews - been told no onsite lectures or tutorials until September 😔

She's at St Andrews as well but is a Med Student so she has to come in and conduct 'practicals'.

Just about all of the other faculties are, as you've said, not allowing their students back (I was originally overjoyed upon hearing this - until I heard it didn't apply to Med Students :censored::rolleyes:).

Anyway, maybe see you around the campus when everyone gets to return?

Cheers

Bloggsy

Cheers

Bloggsy
It also has very good crazy golf !

@RossN
I read your latest response out of chronological order after my comment about us all meeting up somewhere, and I couldn't quite see the relevance of Crazy Golf and a Scottish Meet Up :ROFLMAO: .

You were referring to St Andrews, weren't you? Doh ! :unsure:

But now, I think Crazy Golf at the Scottish Meet Up is an essential!! ⛳

I'm a Motability driver in Tain, north of Inverness, and I want to switch to electric next month or so when my current lease expires on my Hyundai Tucson. I was extremely surprised to read that there is no MG dealership in Inverness and that as far as Motability is concerned I have to go to Rutherglen to collect my car if I choose to switch to the MG EV.
My wife and I have watched every YouTube video on EVs hat we could find over the last week or so and we are convinced that the MG is the way forward but are worried about signing up for a car over the internet without ever having seen one "on the street" so to speak.
Can anyone in the North please advise if they would be able to allow us to see the car physically before the 1st of April since we have to sign up to it by that date. We don't need to break Covid rules we just want a look see.
Thanks.

I'm a Motability driver in Tain, north of Inverness, and I want to switch to electric next month or so when my current lease expires on my Hyundai Tucson. I was extremely surprised to read that there is no MG dealership in Inverness and that as far as Motability is concerned I have to go to Rutherglen to collect my car if I choose to switch to the MG EV.
My wife and I have watched every YouTube video on EVs hat we could find over the last week or so and we are convinced that the MG is the way forward but are worried about signing up for a car over the internet without ever having seen one "on the street" so to speak.
Can anyone in the North please advise if they would be able to allow us to see the car physically before the 1st of April since we have to sign up to it by that date. We don't need to break Covid rules we just want a look see.
Thanks.
If purchased online you have 14 days to charge your mind from what I recall.

If purchased online you have 14 days to charge your mind from what I recall.
Not the same for Motability unfortunately. You must pick it up in person but because of Covid19 they are allowing predelivery completion of orders online. As it's not a true online sale the 14 day rule does not apply as far as I can tell ... Unless the car is faulty of course. Btw. I should have signed up with my name Martin Watssman, instead of my avatar name.

Hi @Tainman
I'm in Inverness and happy to help out if I can. Just let me know how.
A wee point of breaking news - I hear a rumour that a large dealership in Inverness will soon open their MG franchise. And if it is who I think it is, they certainly have Motobility with other major car brands.

Hi @Tainman
I'm in Inverness and happy to help out if I can. Just let me know how.
A wee point of breaking news - I hear a rumour that a large dealership in Inverness will soon open their MG franchise. And if it is who I think it is, they certainly have Motobility with other major car brands.
Thanks @Dave S
I have also heard the rumour and have spoken to a person there but don't know when that will happen yet.

In mean time if we could meet you somewhere around Inverness and two meters apart... Say Tesco or Asda since shopping is still allowed, that would be really helpful.

Regards Martin.
Sorry I'm not too good with forums etiquette so hope this is ok.

I picked up my ZSEV from Bryson of Prestwick on Tuesday - loving it so far.

I've seen a few EVs on the Ayrshire roads and wondered if there were many Ayrshire members on here or indeed many Scottish based members? If so, once we are able to travel and meet people again, would anyone fancy a good old fashioned car meet?

Anyway, I'm Simon and live in God's own country of North Ayrshire 😃. I am a bit of an MG enthusiast and our current ZSEV shares a driveway with a 1.6 TF in Trophy Yellow and a ZT 190 in Starlight Silver. I'm happy to plan and travel any meets as restrictions permit
I am a fan of the MGZT, used to have one in Trophy Blue but it got stolen, was you a member of the
75 and ZT owners club, I know your name from somewhere.

Hello 👋
Thought I'd pop my head in
Hope it's ok to be here I'm not in the motherland anymore 😥
Had to move south for work and ended up stopping and married a local im in Lancashire (Rossendale) been here now for 37 yes but back in Glasgow (Erskine mostly) as often as I possibly can
Still got brothers to visit.
Not new to electric cars as have had a Leaf 24kw for a year I use for commuting to work most days and now just picked up our new MG ZS EV (exclusive) in pimlico blue last night
So far it's awesome makes the Leaf look like an old Lada lol.
Anyway just wanted to say hello hope it's ok I'm not actually in Scotland anymore 👍

Hello 👋
Had to move south for work and ended up stopping and married a local im in Lancashire (Rossendale) been here now for 37 yes but back in Glasgow (Erskine mostly) as often as I possibly can
Not new to electric cars as have had a Leaf 24kw for a year I use for commuting to work most days and now just picked up our new MG ZS EV (exclusive) in pimlico blue last night
Anyway just wanted to say hello hope it's OK I'm not actually in Scotland anymore 👍
Hello Rab great to have you join the merry band...re your new ZS, I have the very same model and colour and like you enjoying the experience of it all, this forum is good for getting info from the others about the ZS as some have good expertise and help a lot
Stay safe R

Hello 👋
Anyway just wanted to say hello hope it's ok I'm not actually in Scotland anymore 👍
Hello and welcome to the exciting world of ZSEV ownership 🙂
You're always welcome Rab

Hello 👋

Hi Rab - you're forgiven! Once all of the restrictions are lifted, you'll have to let us all know when you're next back 'home' so we can see if some are up for a 'meet'. Hopefully, not too soon as I expect most members will be busy getting round to visit friends and family for the first month or so, when the gates are opened and we're all released! 😉

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom