Scottish road trip

Westender69

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Got back earlier today from a 2-week road trip to Scotland with stops in Edinburgh, Inverness, Isle of Skye, Fort William and Loch Lomond. My HS PHEV is only a few months old with most of the mileage done in EV mode prior to the road trip so had a good opportunity to run the petrol engine in. Covered nearly 1600 miles in total. Didn’t have any destination charger options so relied on auto mode until using up the remaining EV miles close to home. Averaged just over 41mpg. The infotainment screen wouldn’t come on for a couple of days during our time in Skye - tried pressing the home button for 10-20 seconds without success. Didn’t have any tools with me to try disconnecting the 12v battery. Eventually called MG Assistance and a local mechanic got the screen to work after disconnecting the 12v battery. Apart from the screen glitch the car was a joy to drive. Did most of the motorway driving in ACC which worked well. Really enjoyed driving the HS around the highlands In particular. Hopefully the blank screen issue was a one-off 🤞. Going forward I’ll make sure I keep a 10mm spanner in the boot!

Got back earlier today from a 2-week road trip to Scotland with stops in Edinburgh, Inverness, Isle of Skye, Fort William and Loch Lomond. My HS PHEV is only a few months old with most of the mileage done in EV mode prior to the road trip so had a good opportunity to run the petrol engine in. Covered nearly 1600 miles in total. Didn’t have any destination charger options so relied on auto mode until using up the remaining EV miles close to home. Averaged just over 41mpg. The infotainment screen wouldn’t come on for a couple of days during our time in Skye - tried pressing the home button for 10-20 seconds without success. Didn’t have any tools with me to try disconnecting the 12v battery. Eventually called MG Assistance and a local mechanic got the screen to work after disconnecting the 12v battery. Apart from the screen glitch the car was a joy to drive. Did most of the motorway driving in ACC which worked well. Really enjoyed driving the HS around the highlands In particular. Hopefully the blank screen issue was a one-off 🤞. Going forward I’ll make sure I keep a 10mm spanner in the boot!
Had the same thing but only lasted a few minutes. No biggie.

Hopefully not, but difference with mine is that it wouldn’t come on at all for several trips over 2 days where around a hundred miles were covered.
Certainly th MGs have some glitches with software and hardware like windows modules etc. The hardware is simply quality control and a particular part just needs swaping out. It's a pain but once done probably won't happen again. Software can be updated at service time so I'd expect the bugs get iorned out over time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom