SCREEN WHEN CAR IN REVERSE

dundee1961

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE A WEEK NOW LOVING IT ...BUT When reversing into our drive this afternoon , when reverse camera on .MAIN Radio screen, Sat Nav , Android App etc staying on Screen and its affectings visibilty when using reverse camera . First time doing this ? Has anyone else had this issue ?
Sorry photo not too clear was very sunny .
Thank you

Attachments

• 20211006_144323.jpg
    20211006_144323.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 267
I had the same thing on my EHS yesterday , but second time in reverse it didn't happen again. So....idk

Had it happen once. Press and hold main button on infotainment unit until it reboots.

If it continues ask dealer for infotainment software update. SA020

Had MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE A WEEK NOW LOVING IT ...BUT When reversing into our drive this afternoon , when reverse camera on .MAIN Radio screen, Sat Nav , Android App etc staying on Screen and its affectings visibilty when using reverse camera . First time doing this ? Has anyone else had this issue ?
Sorry photo not too clear was very sunny .
Thank you
Yes i had that once too. fixes itself again .software bug think

Had it once when I started the car and moved the gear wheel to reverse just as the infotainment had finished it's boot up. I usually wait until everything is fully booted before choosing reverse (or drive). Software glitch I think.

@dundee1961 Yep, seen that once or twice. It just seems to be one of these idiosyncratic glitches.

Yesterday, I also had the screen being almost totally blacked out but with the reversing warning texts and the wee diagram in the top right corner. I couldn't get radio, phone or see the AC settings.

Cure - switch off and switch back on - there's a career for me in IT, I think!!!!

Hi yes that has happened to my car over 3 times also once it had the overlay of the radio in the screen. I returned it to the garage and they had it for over 9 days and could not replicate the fault and their MG technician said to come back again. You get the impression they are still learning.

yep, known bug, hold down the silver button in the middle of the volume knob until the MG logo appears. There's a software update for entertainment system which your Dealer will apply at the next service that hopefully fixes this issue.

yep, known bug, hold down the silver button in the middle of the volume knob until the MG logo appears. There's a software update for entertainment system which your Dealer will apply at the next service that hopefully fixes this issue.
MG service bulletin SA0021 if my memory serves me correctly.

How do you check if it has been applied ?
You can't - only the dealer.
The MG SA0021 software update is only available for the ZS EV Gen1 model at the moment, but I believe that MG where looking at other models also.
They targeted the ZS EV first, because it had been affecting owners the longest amount of time.
I reported the screen crashing to my dealer in early January 2020.
It has taken MG until Oct - Nov 2021 to release a software update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom