Screen

Tommysan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi can someone please help me screen has gone blank on my mg zx car so can’t have radio on or adjust anything on screen thanks tom

Switch the car off, wait a while and switch it back on.
It will almost certainly return.

No this never worked it never come on this morning on way to work so it was off all day so when finished work it was still the same blank screen car is only six months old

Sound like you need to give the 12v battery the 10mm spanner treatment

Try it nothing to lose , just disconnect for a few minutes

Let's know if it works as a few on here have solved a few problems with this method, fortunately I've not needed it but if necessary will certainly give it a go

while in ready mode... (can even do while driving) ... press and hold the central knob for upto 30secinds... usually resets it self and reboots.

Foot on the foot brake, press the “ Start” button, as if you intend to drive away.
Press and hold down the silver button on the front of the info unit.
Hold it down for about 20 seconds and this should reboot the info system when the car is fully booted and ready to drive.
If this does not work, take 10mm spanner 🔧 to the negative terminal of the 12 volt battery and disconnect it.
Leave for about 10 minutes, then reconnect the terminal and tighten down the clamp.
Now return to the car and go through the normal stat up process.
The info unit should now jump into life.
If not, you need to ring the dealer.

Foot on the foot brake, press the “ Start” button, as if you intend to drive away.
Hold it down for about 20 seconds and this should reboot the info system when the car is fully booted and ready to drive.
If this does not work, take 10mm spanner 🔧 to the negative terminal of the 12 volt battery and disconnect it.
Leave for about 10 minutes, then reconnect the terminal and tighten down the clamp.
Thanks for that am going to try that in a minute

Hi mate just to let you know i tried foot on brakes hold button down it rebooted with MG logo but still don’t light up with anything will try battery later but thanks

Hi mate just to let you know i tried foot on brakes hold button down it rebooted with MG logo but still don’t light up with anything will try battery later but thanks
ok. I think I remember doing this when I first got the car. There's something you can do to switch that screen to a blank mode, but I can't remember how I did it or how I got back out if it. (or for that matter, if I just dreamed it!) I'm in a 5. I'll have a play if I get a chance and see if I can do it again.

I have a vague memory of blanking the screen, then thinking 'oh sh1t. how do I undo this...'

ok. I think I remember doing this when I first got the car. There's something you can do to switch that screen to a blank mode, but I can't remember how I did it or how I got back out if it. (or for that matter, if I just dreamed it!) I'm in a 5. I'll have a play if I get a chance and see if I can do it again.

I have a vague memory of blanking the screen, then thinking 'oh sh*t. how do I undo this...'
If I remove battery will I lose radio code

I have a vague memory of blanking the screen, then thinking 'oh sh*t. how do I undo this...'
After you've done that, just touching the screen brings it back.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom