Screen

ISTR someone mentioning some loose or not fully inserted plugs on the Infotainment module behind the glove box. Take out the glove box and wiggle, or push in, the white plugs on the big silver box.

After you've done that, just touching the screen brings it back.
Aye, that was probably it. Don't remember it being a long panic.

Red herring then - I'm pretty sure OP has tried giving the screen a tap...
Sorry @Tommysan , if the battery trick doesn't do the job then it looks like it's a trip back to the dealer.

ok. I think I remember doing this when I first got the car. There's something you can do to switch that screen to a blank mode, but I can't remember how I did it or how I got back out if it. (or for that matter, if I just dreamed it!) I'm in a 5. I'll have a play if I get a chance and see if I can do it again.

I have a vague memory of blanking the screen, then thinking 'oh sh*t. how do I undo this...'
Hi mate did you remember how to turn the screen back mate thanks Tom

Yes I have tried banging the screen no luck looking like a visiting the mg garage thanks anyway for your help

Yes I have tried banging the screen no luck looking like a visiting the mg garage thanks anyway for your help
not banging it - just touching the screen. I was playing with a 'blank screen' function, then realised I didn't know how to turn the screen back on but you just touch the screen again to bring it back on. I think you would have known if you had done that though...

not banging it - just touching the screen. I was playing with a 'blank screen' function, then realised I didn't know how to turn the screen back on but you just touch the screen again to bring it back on. I think you would have known if you had done that though...
Reminds me of a time at work when I accidentally changed the language to Russian on a new instrument and then couldn't read the menus to get it back. :LOL:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom