Seat belt Warning light

Hi,

I've noticed that in my MG ZS EV, it can be anything from about a minute to almost two minutes after I pull away before my Fasten Seatbelt Red Light indicator goes out.

Is this normal?

Dave
Yes, mine is the same

I joined this forum to get an answer to this same issue. It is normal across all the cars for this delay. Just remember to tell your examiner at MOT time ??

Yes mine is the same.
If once light is off and I stop the car, without turning off, unplug seat belt, red seat belt light comes in the speedo dial. Plug belt back in, light goes out straight away, only if I turn car off, does light stay on for the 2 minute's.
Book says it's a reminder light, not a warning light.

Mine doesn't light up at all, I've put a seatbelt extender in the socket. ;)
Do you think I need to take it out for the MOT ?

I think drivers seat belt warnings are speed related i.e. they only come on after a certain speed is reached. That is to allow a mechanic to move the car onto the ramp without dirtying your seat belt

I think this process of displaying the warning light for a while is partly due to the fact there are no passenger sensors on the rear seats.

My old Prius used to only illuminate the rear seat belt lights if a rear door was opened.
I have 3 dog seat belt buckles plugged into the ZS so they don't come on anyway.

Well. I never have occupants in the back of my car without my knowledge so it's never a question for me if the seat is occupied or not. It could be questionable if everyone has buckled up in the back (not my kids they know better, but they do have friends)

Well. I never have occupants in the back of my car without my knowledge so it's never a question for me if the seat is occupied or not. It could be questionable if everyone has buckled up in the back (not my kids they know better, but they do have friends)
Lol - have they never climbed out of the window to escape!?!?

So are you saying that there are sensors in the rear seat belt sockets, but no seat occupied sensors like there are in the front?
I'm trying to think of a reason for having sensors knowing that the seat belts are fastened - air bags?

I do believe that we might be discussing 2 different things. There is the seatbelt indicator that shows a top view of the car with the seats that don't have their seatbelts buckled in red (goes away if you push the OK button on the steering wheel.
I believe the OP was talking about the red seatbelt warning light in the speedometer. I have not been able to establish a pattern to it. Sometimes it stays on, sometimes it goes away, sometimes it never shows. All this whether I'm alone in the car or with passengers.

So are you saying that there are sensors in the rear seat belt sockets, but no seat occupied sensors like there are in the front?
I'm trying to think of a reason for having sensors knowing that the seat belts are fastened - air bags?
I do believe that is the case, yes. Why? I couldn't say.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom