Seat belt warning

Mick Evans

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So got my first issue. When people get out of the back seats and I'm left alone in the car the seat belt bleeping starts going off. Only me in the car so can't see a reason why this would happen. Anyone else had this issue?
TIA

Oddly yes...recently mine has started doing it. Just a couple times. There wasn't even someone in the back seat to start with...it was just me from the start.

Worth a thought ?.
Do you have anything on the back seat at the time ?.
Like a bag or anything with a bit of weight in it ?.
The seats have a pressure pad in the cushion, so any weight and it will trigger the seat belt warning IF the seat belt is not fastened.
I had one person travelling in the rear of our ZS EV Gen 2 last week.
She had her seat belt on and everything was just fine.
Then out of the blue, one of the rear seat belt warning lights was triggered.
She had placed her hand on the next seat to lean across to pick something off the floor.
By applying pressure to the seat cushion with her hand, the car got the idea the seat was occupied and the seat belt was not latched.
As soon as she removed pressure from the seat, it stopped bonging !.

Worth a thought ?.
The seats have a pressure pad in the cushion, so any weight and it will trigger the seat belt warning IF the seat belt is not fastened.
She had placed her hand on the next seat to lean across to pick something off the floor.
By applying pressure to the seat cushion with her hand, the car got the idea the seat was occupied and the seat belt was not latched.
just to add to this - the pads in the MG seem a touch sensitive, even a coat can fool them into thinking there is somone sitting in that seat!

I may be wrong, but I believe the rear seat belt warnings are triggered by opening the rear doors as I don't think there are any pressure pads in the rear seat base, there certainly aren't on the Gen 1.

I may be wrong, but I believe the rear seat belt warnings are triggered by opening the rear doors as I don't think there are any pressure pads in the rear seat base, there certainly aren't on the Gen 1.
You know what, I can’t remember how they where triggered on the Gen1 now ????.
But the Gen 2 does appear to know which seats are occupied by adding pressure to the seat cushion ?.

Worth a thought ?.
Nope...I got in the car at work. Bag was in the boot, nothing on the back seats at all. It didn't even trigger right away, it was 10 minutes into the journey.
Also back doors hadn't been opened.

Only thing I can think is, if there is a pressure pad, I was going over cobbles so maybe the bumping made it think there was someone on the seat and set it off. Stopped not long after getting off the cobbles.

Mines in dealer again this Wednesday
This will be the 2nd fix of passenger rear belt

They are 2wires that go in the buckle and unfortunately not the greatest of fits

First one split and now this time it's intermittent beeps when it feels

Dealer fitted new buckle and wire last time and will be same again this Wednesday
I'm hoping dealer can make wires little longer or protect them somehow

My 5sr is on 41k now and once warrenty is out I'll just deactivate the rear wires

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom