Seat Stitching Opening Up

cyderman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
MG HS Exclusive drivers seat stitching opening up in a part of the seat that doesn’t have much or any pressure applied through sitting. I’m told seat covers only covered under warranty for 12 months. Great, especially as the staff at my MG main dealer agree with me that is a manufacturing fault. Not Impressed.

MG HS Exclusive drivers seat stitching opening up in a part of the seat that doesn’t have much or any pressure applied through sitting. I’m told seat covers only covered under warranty for 12 months. Great, especially as the staff at my MG main dealer agree with me that is a manufacturing fault. Not Impressed.
Have a look at the Sales of God Act, and ‘fit for purpose’. 12 months is not acceptable. Speak to the citizen advice bureau they should be able to help.

The 7 year warranty is a misnomer! The warranty is time graduated. Worth checking with your dealer for a breakdown. Managed to get my seat cover replaced with 14 days to go before the warranty ran out on it.

ok what kind of seats do you have in the car?, i have the EHS with the red sports seats, and i do weekly put them in leather wax.

Attachments

• https---www.autovisie.nl-wp-content-uploads-2021-01-MG-EHS-Plug-in-Hybrid-Duik-in-de-Prijslijs...jpg
    https---www.autovisie.nl-wp-content-uploads-2021-01-MG-EHS-Plug-in-Hybrid-Duik-in-de-Prijslijs...jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 88
Hs exclusive. Use proprietary cleaner and leather nourishing balm, well known brand. Only drivers seat was affected by stitching unravelling.

Regardless of the 1 year warranty, you are covered under the sale of goods act, I think up to 6 years. e.g. it should be fit for purpose, and a seat coming apart is not fit for purpose. If you do not get satisfaction contact citizens advice (by phone initially) and they will supply the appropriate letter templates.

I must admit I do have my concerns about how the warranty stands if it happens again. One year before replacement does not bode well! I would hope your suggestion would bear fruit should the issue reappear. I agree the seat should last for most if not for the life of the car. Thanks for your thoughts.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom